PT100G Undesired track movement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AB59

I have a PT100g Forestry that is throwing the undesired track movement code. However the speed sensors and speed sensor harness are disconnected. The code only pops up when you have the key on, machine running or not, and you lift the lap bar up. I was able to swap out the mcu with one from another machine and the issue stays. I'm thinking there is something going on with the wiring harness but that was also new about 3 years ago. I can put my multimeter on the frequency wires from the right hand speed sensor harness and I get a HZ reading when the lap bar is put up. Anyone run into this before? As far as I can see there is no relation of wires from the lap bar and the speed sensors.

TDB2

I have a PT100g Forestry that is throwing the undesired track movement code. However the speed sensors and speed sensor harness are disconnected. The code only pops up when you have the key on, machine running or not, and you lift the lap bar up. I was able to swap out the mcu with one from another machine and the issue stays. I'm thinking there is something going on with the wiring harness but that was also new about 3 years ago. I can put my multimeter on the frequency wires from the right hand speed sensor harness and I get a HZ reading when the lap bar is put up. Anyone run into this before? As far as I can see there is no relation of wires from the lap bar and the speed sensors.
I have a couple or Terex machines. The PT110 had the undesired track movement intermittently. Drove me crazy. I bought it with this problem. Several other shops could not fix it. I was able to fix it myself (finally) by replacing BOTH sensors and BOTH sensor harnesses. I don't believe your ever going to make it work with them unplugged or unhooked. If that was the case I would have done that first. The computer monitors these sensors continuously so they need to be connected and be sending the correct information all the time or it errors out throws the code.

OP
OP
A

AB59

I have a couple or Terex machines. The PT110 had the undesired track movement intermittently. Drove me crazy. I bought it with this problem. Several other shops could not fix it. I was able to fix it myself (finally) by replacing BOTH sensors and BOTH sensor harnesses. I don't believe your ever going to make it work with them unplugged or unhooked. If that was the case I would have done that first. The computer monitors these sensors continuously so they need to be connected and be sending the correct information all the time or it errors out throws the code.
If the sensors are unplugged they do not send any info to the MCU. The purpose of the speed sensors really is for safety. They sense when the tracks are moving, and if your not calling for movement and it throws the code and applies the brakes.

This is how I normally test them, unplug and see if the code still appears. You can unplug them, and leave them unplugged, it is just not a good idea for your safety.

Anyways, I did find an issue in the harness where mice had gotten into it and the lap bar wires and 1 of the 2 frequency wires for the right had side were touching.

TDB2

If the sensors are unplugged they do not send any info to the MCU. The purpose of the speed sensors really is for safety. They sense when the tracks are moving, and if your not calling for movement and it throws the code and applies the brakes.

This is how I normally test them, unplug and see if the code still appears. You can unplug them, and leave them unplugged, it is just not a good idea for your safety.

Anyways, I did find an issue in the harness where mice had gotten into it and the lap bar wires and 1 of the 2 frequency wires for the right had side were touching.
Good to know I guess. I never would have bought them if I thought it would work without them. Glad you got it going.