Problem With High Flow On Bobcat T650

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

aanthonyhyatt

Hello, I have a 2015 bobcat T650 it has about 1500 hrs on it. The machine has the high flow option, it has the little sticker on the front of the boom that reads high flow and when I press the aux hydraulic button twice the display reads high flow with both green LED's illuminated. I'm currently running a quick attach stump grinder thats rated for high flow. The problem I'm having is that it doesn't matter which flow option I select there is no change in performance. I figured with the high flow the cutting wheel would cut faster or have more torque. Is there anything I'm missing or anything I could check to make sure the high flow is working properly ? Any advice is much appreciated.

brdgbldr

Could just be the attachment. The only way to know for sure would be to attach a flow meter to your auxiliary and check standard and regular flow.

Is there a chance that the dealer did not turn on the high flow. It seams these days that the options on the machines have to be turned on with a computer by the dealer. The machines actually have options from the factory but you can buy the machine for cheaper without the options and the dealer will either turn them off or leave them off When you pick up the machine. I have even heard a couple of stories where the controller in the machine was replaced and the dealer forgot to turn the option back on.

Last edited:

brdgbldr

The dealer is one option.

You could buy a flow meter and do it yourself. I'm not sure of your specific machine though. May be too expensive for newer machines.

I was editing my last post when you replied. You may want to read the rest of it.

OP
OP
A

aanthonyhyatt

The dealer is one option.

You could buy a flow meter and do it yourself. I'm not sure of your specific machine though. May be too expensive for newer machines.

I was editing my last post when you replied. You may want to read the rest of it.
Ok sounds like a trip to the bobcat store is in order. Thanks for the advice.

koko

A quick check for hi-flo is do you have 3 couplers on the front of your machine?