power lose after warm up t250

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dlong

power lose after warm up Posted: 03-29-2008 10:05 AM Thought it was running out of fuel so i changed the filter,but no luck ,after bout 5 min of running it wants to die when under a load feels really weak and it is a t250 with 1000hrs maybe lift pump???????

thetool

Many folks don't want to hear this, and immediatley assume a defensive posture upon even the vaguest hint of this, but no offense is intended........
The vast majority of the machines I have repaired with exactly these symtoms have been inadvertentley fueled with gasoline.
If that's what's happened, it's an easy fix on the kubota-drain the tank, replace the filter, and off you go.
Please don't hate me........=)

OP
OP
D

dlong

Many folks don't want to hear this, and immediatley assume a defensive posture upon even the vaguest hint of this, but no offense is intended........
The vast majority of the machines I have repaired with exactly these symtoms have been inadvertentley fueled with gasoline.
If that's what's happened, it's an easy fix on the kubota-drain the tank, replace the filter, and off you go.
Please don't hate me........=)
Given my track record that would not be a big surpeise(gas in a diesel) but it does have the correct fuel.It runs great untill you try to work it hard then you have to wait on it.

nilestracing

Given my track record that would not be a big surpeise(gas in a diesel) but it does have the correct fuel.It runs great untill you try to work it hard then you have to wait on it.
I had the same exact thing happen to me on my t300 and it was the linkage that turns the engine off was not fully opening after turning it on a simple turn of a wrench and my dealer had it fixed in minutes i was pissed lol

NtLifts

I had the same exact thing happen to me on my t300 and it was the linkage that turns the engine off was not fully opening after turning it on a simple turn of a wrench and my dealer had it fixed in minutes i was pissed lol
I used a T250 yesterday to move dirt from an excavator digging a basement. I could kill the machine just running into a dirt pile. I had to really feather and baby the drive so that it wouldn't die, if I went really slow and didn't take to big of a load it would work. It seemed extremely unpowered when pushing dirt. I ended up scooping most of it instead of pushing piles. Unit runs fine when lifting or just idling. I used it this past winter to push snow with a large snow bucket and never thought it was low on power.