Plastic wheels on CTL's?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mustang Gregg

I understand some new CTL's have plastic undercarriage wheels instead of metal? True? Which ones? I will be buying a CTL this month & want to stay away from features like that. Much obliged, Mustang Gregg

bobcat2111

I know that Caterpillar track machines have plastic rollers. The are also split down into two seperate pieces so you can replace them without taking apart the whole undercarriage.

Albert

I know that Caterpillar track machines have plastic rollers. The are also split down into two seperate pieces so you can replace them without taking apart the whole undercarriage.
Cat track machines run ASV undercariage, cat owns part of ASV, I have owned a 257B cat track machine and it had a real problem with track wear and roller wear, the out side of the rollers having a rubber cover wear poorly. I love cat so I chose a different direction and went with a 246B with VTS track system from loegering and love it, wears great, all steel and good track life. Plastic on equipment like this is just asking for trouble these machines work and really take a beating steel is the only way to go. Hope this helps.