Parking brake/traction lock does not engage at all.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

evotech

I have a 2003 G series 864. Here are the symptoms.
1. Parking brake does not work when engaged.
2. Machine moves without restriction with the bar up

3. Traction control override button is illuminated. Pressing it has no effect with bar down, but the Parking brake light responds with the bar up.
4 The machine creeps a bit without any input

I am trying not to just throw parts at it and come up with a logical repair before I dive in. I am not sure how to "pull" codes if there are any.

Last edited:

SkidRoe

First place I would go is the traction lock solenoid. See if it is getting power (or not) when appropriate, and see if the plunger is seized.

OP
OP
evotech

evotech

First place I would go is the traction lock solenoid. See if it is getting power (or not) when appropriate, and see if the plunger is seized.
I found the brake solenoid valve. It has a small button on the top that allows the operator to bypass the valve by tuning it to counterclockwise. This is the position that I found it in. Once I returned it to the non bypass position the traction lock system started to work. The brake seems to work 100% now with the bar up, but still having issues with the foot pedal.

Last edited:

SkidRoe

I found the brake solenoid valve. It has a small button on the top that allows the operator to bypass the valve by tuning it to counterclockwise. This is the position that I found it in. Once I returned it to the non bypass position the traction lock system started to work. The brake seems to work 100% now with the bar up, but still having issues with the foot pedal.
Good find on the solenoid override.

Which pedal are you referring to? You never mentioned a pedal in your initial post.

koko

On my 863G, about the same vintage, there is an orange "brake" pedal on the housing between the two foot pedals. Pushing it forward, it over centers & stays there activating a switch which activates the brake solenoid plunger.

Latest posts