Owatonna 330

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dewadict

my 330 had a 24 hp onan nhc. Mine ran but had a bad knock and poor compression 1 cylinder. Looked into having it rebuilt, but it needed to be resleeved and the onan parts that would need to be purchased are rediculously expensive. I repowered with a 2011 25 hp kohler command pro that has been awesome. Only needed to weld in a new motor mount to line up the driveshafts. Tossed the double chain connector and switched to a love- joy connector.( yes that;s the real name, they are more forgiving movement wise) The fan side of the motor is toward the rear of the skidsteer. The 330 is certainly "old school" as I've had people comment, but it is a very handy piece of equipment for a homeowner.

Karl

my 330 had a 24 hp onan nhc. Mine ran but had a bad knock and poor compression 1 cylinder. Looked into having it rebuilt, but it needed to be resleeved and the onan parts that would need to be purchased are rediculously expensive. I repowered with a 2011 25 hp kohler command pro that has been awesome. Only needed to weld in a new motor mount to line up the driveshafts. Tossed the double chain connector and switched to a love- joy connector.( yes that;s the real name, they are more forgiving movement wise) The fan side of the motor is toward the rear of the skidsteer. The 330 is certainly "old school" as I've had people comment, but it is a very handy piece of equipment for a homeowner.
I know this is an old thread, but I,m looking at a 330. Guy told me he thinks it has a hydro problem and maybe an engine issue. Any one have a parts or a repair manual for this. Thanks