Owatonna 330 Skidloader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DaveB

I bought an Owatonna 330 skidloader this morning to use in my yard and for snow in the winter.It has solid rubber tires that i am not thrilled about but figured I could change them out later. Before I bought it,I started it and drove it around a bit,all seeemed well. I got it home and after about 20 minutes of use it acted like it ran out of gas. after a few minutes it restarted,then after about 5 minutes it did it again and finally restarted after a few minutes of fooling around with the choke,then died again after another 10 minutes of use and would only start and run as long as I fed starting fluid to it.After letting it sit for 2 hours,I finally got it started and used it for about 30 minutes without problem. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Thank you

Tazza

Staff member
If it runs with starting fl uid its obviously a carb/fuel issue.
I waould check if it has a fuel shut off solenoid that is closing up on you. The carb may do with a good clean and the fuel lines too. Vapour lock on petrol engines can be an issue where the fuel heats up and turns into vapour before it leaves the carby making the air/fuel mixture far too lean to ignite.
Is the fuel pump ok?
Just a few things to look at.

OP
OP
D

DaveB

If it runs with starting fl uid its obviously a carb/fuel issue.
I waould check if it has a fuel shut off solenoid that is closing up on you. The carb may do with a good clean and the fuel lines too. Vapour lock on petrol engines can be an issue where the fuel heats up and turns into vapour before it leaves the carby making the air/fuel mixture far too lean to ignite.
Is the fuel pump ok?
Just a few things to look at.
Thanks, I will check to see if there is a solenoid first thing tomorrow and also check the fuel pressure.