OTT Bolt Wear

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RodNH

I recently had the opportunity to pick up a used set of Grouser OTT steel bar tracks for my S650. They do not appear to be worn excessively and the price was pretty good compared with new. While having to adjust the length to properly fit the shorter wheelbase on the 650, I had to relocate a number bolts on each track. As I have no past experience with tracks, I have no idea what is considered excessive wear on the bolts and bushings and what is not. I can replace all the bolts and bushings but do not want to do that if it's not really needed at this time. My use of the tracks will be fairly light, intermittent duty in woods around my own property. I am concerned, however, about possibly breaking one or more bolts out in the woods caused by bolt wear. Below is a picture showing typical wear of the bolts that were relocated. I would like any opinion if this wear is considered bad enough to consider replacement with new before using the tracks. I almost don't think so but thought I would ask those who have experience with such tracks.
gbolt.jpg

Thanks,
Rod

skidsteer.ca

Imo thats not enough to be concerned. I'd rate that 90%, I'm using a set that is more like 60% but on a lighter 5600 lb machine however.
I'd say run it. I doubt it will cause you any trouble any time soon. If they start breaking then you will need to bite the bullet, I can't recall for sure but the Grouser bolts were not too expensive. I have a spare set on hand, but have had no trouble so far.
Ken