older mustang engine-hydraulic connection

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dewadict

Just restored an old 330 to like new condition. The onan was toast and I found a Kohler 25 hp that works great. Was not looking forward to working with the double chain- face to face sprocket connections, former owner said they could be a pain. A buddy in hydraulics pointed me toward lovejoy connectors. (don't laugh at the name) They just slide together and work great. The pump side one was a little spendy because of the splines, but they are something to consider if you don't like the factory set-up

Tazza

Staff member
That style of coupler is very handy. It allows for a reasonable amount of misalignment.
Good to hear you got it up and running again.

OP
OP
dewadict

dewadict

That style of coupler is very handy. It allows for a reasonable amount of misalignment.
Good to hear you got it up and running again.
Thanks Tazza- The wife always wanted a classic Mustang convertible--and now she has one!

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza- The wife always wanted a classic Mustang convertible--and now she has one!
haha i bet she just glares at you when you say that :) Still, technically, you are correct in your wording, i'm sure she thinks other wise.

OP
OP
dewadict

dewadict

haha i bet she just glares at you when you say that :) Still, technically, you are correct in your wording, i'm sure she thinks other wise.
she has actually used it already and proudly posted a short video on facebook. Allthough I know she still wants that '65 ragtop!