Older Mustang 940 hydraulic issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TEK

New to me 940. It has a pretty annoying hydraulic leak from somewhere underneath, but right now the issue is the weak bucket curl function. It gets stronger when pushing the boom down pedal. Are the cylinder seals bad or is is the valve body? Thank you.

Current problems...
Parking brake is inoperable
Leaks Fluid
Won't move when sitting for long periods in very cold weather (water in the oil?)
Looks ugly.

At least it starts right up every time.

Firefighter

Is the tilt pedal travelling the full distance & not making contact with the floor boards? could be a hose problem
to that circuit maybe your leaking fluid. Do your chaincases have water in them? i have seen where they get water in thru the top covers, then freezes in cold weather and it will not move. As far as park brake if the brake handle is stuck u may need a new one also the brakes have adjustment inside of the chaincases

OP
OP
T

TEK

Thanks for the response. I'm starting to think the tilt problem is due to low hydraulic fluid, since it picks right up when I lower the boom. I'll check that next time I get to work on it. It does leak fluid, so it could easily be low.

Regarding the freezing, yes, I think there probably is water in the chaincase cause the problem. I'll need to get that cleaned out as well.

The parking brake just flops back and forth, so that will also require some digging. Looks like I have some work in front of me!

oakstprop

Is the tilt pedal travelling the full distance & not making contact with the floor boards? could be a hose problem
to that circuit maybe your leaking fluid. Do your chaincases have water in them? i have seen where they get water in thru the top covers, then freezes in cold weather and it will not move. As far as park brake if the brake handle is stuck u may need a new one also the brakes have adjustment inside of the chaincases
I had that problem was filled with water and froze