Oil type

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

foton

I do not know where you are at so aw-32 is fine in cold climates aw-46 in average temps aw-68 if you are in the high temps. universal tractor fluid is a multi weight ok for chain case but a little heavy for hydros in cooler temps. unless you got leaks that need something to control weeping. but it is not a fix.

OP
OP
D

dynarider

I seem to have all the leaks down to a very minimum, lift seals and hoses, filters and fluid changed, just did the axle seals and cleaned out the case want new fluid to go back with, old fluid was red in color and thicker feel than atf. my hydraulic was clear in color but appreciate the help.. Thanks

Mustang Guy

I do not know where you are at so aw-32 is fine in cold climates aw-46 in average temps aw-68 if you are in the high temps. universal tractor fluid is a multi weight ok for chain case but a little heavy for hydros in cooler temps. unless you got leaks that need something to control weeping. but it is not a fix.
UTF is equivalent in viscosity to 10w30 engine oil, but should not be considered a multi-vis hydraulic oil. UTF is a multi-functional oil compounded and formulated for use in common sump hydraulic/geared transmissions and final drives. There are multi-vis hydraulic oils on the market (I use them). They are labeled ISO AW 32/46/68.

Mustang Guy

What type of oil/fluid for the chain box on a mustang 332. All help appreciated.
There is really no good reason to use hydraulic oil in the chaincase except to save on inventory. Decanted and settled used engine/hydraulic oil will work just fine also.

Jim A

Some machines like my New Holland recommend 10W -30 motor oil in hydraulic system.
I have 7000 hours and all I use in it and my Yanmar mini excavator.
Hitachi has a service bulletin not to use any oil with zinc since it disolved silver plating on internal pump wear surface on new machines .

I would use what mfg recommended not cheapo tractor supply China oil either or $$$$$

Mustang Guy

Some machines like my New Holland recommend 10W -30 motor oil in hydraulic system.
I have 7000 hours and all I use in it and my Yanmar mini excavator.
Hitachi has a service bulletin not to use any oil with zinc since it disolved silver plating on internal pump wear surface on new machines .

I would use what mfg recommended not cheapo tractor supply China oil either or $$$$$
You can get CFO (chlorine free oil) from almost all oil producers. This was specified by EMD because they had silver bearing inserts.

OP
OP
D

dynarider

thanks for the help I went with a multi viscosity AW 32/46/68 oil so far no leaks.... haven't used it much, but I like the old thing