oil question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mhtrental2014

have a new SV 65 Kubota Should we change break in oil early? What is your opinion on how CAT does oil analysis often? Are their private firms that offer this service and is it worth it?

mrbb

changing oil sooner than later IMO is never a bad thing minus costs and time ! so no harm can come from doing so, but NOT changing soon enough can!

as for getting oil analyzed, I would say this comes down to the owner and what there plans are for machine, as well as what type of person they are
if you plan long term ownership, its not a bad idea to have done IF you plan to keep doing so every so often to see when things change IF they change and what might cause the changes/

if your only going to keep machine a few yrs or less and bail on it, then I wouldn;t waste my time or costs having oil sent out
and yes there are many private company's that will analyze oil for you
here is a little something maybe you might care to look at and read

OH< and if , when you do oil changes, make sure you use the right oil and a GOOD quality oil and oil filter, its not the place to use cheap china or?? junk filters

foton

I would just in case their break in oil is different than what is suggested for regular service life oil is leave it in for the suggested hours by kubota . After that if you want to change more often go ahead.