OEM vs aftermarket parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

coleman112

I was just wondering if anybody has noticed much difference In durability using aftermarket parts vs oem? I'm looking at doing the bobtach pivot pins and bushings and wondering if I should go oem or get the aftermarket kit. The difference is about $200 in price, in Canada at least. Thanks.

bobbie-g

I've not had much firsthand experience with aftermarket parts. I only use my machines a few hours a week, and in some cases would probably opt for the cheaper parts. But in the case of Bobtach pivots and bushings, I would probably go with the Bobcat OEM parts because of the stress on those parts. Just my opinion. :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
C

coleman112

I've not had much firsthand experience with aftermarket parts. I only use my machines a few hours a week, and in some cases would probably opt for the cheaper parts. But in the case of Bobtach pivots and bushings, I would probably go with the Bobcat OEM parts because of the stress on those parts. Just my opinion. :) ---Bobbie-G
Ya that's kind of the direction I was leaning. Not sure if the aftermarket are the same steel/quality. Definitely a lot cheaper!

Tazza

Staff member
Ya that's kind of the direction I was leaning. Not sure if the aftermarket are the same steel/quality. Definitely a lot cheaper!
The only aftermarket parts i have gotten was engine parts, they worked just fine for me., never tried pins or bushings.