not very many people ever online to answer anything!!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
It depends when you pop in. Remember we are ill in different time zones and i'm sure most work. I usually pop in and have a look on my lunch breaks just to see whats going on but thats usually just in look then out.

OP
OP
M

marc21

It depends when you pop in. Remember we are ill in different time zones and i'm sure most work. I usually pop in and have a look on my lunch breaks just to see whats going on but thats usually just in look then out.
i think they need more advertising. I'm gonna spread the work on all the other forums i'm on.

owensge

i think they need more advertising. I'm gonna spread the work on all the other forums i'm on.
Marc, thanks for your interest in advancing our membership participation. Like Tazza said, we have folks logging in from all over the world at different times. To give you an idea of the current participation, about 30 members login daily (about 80 in a week), with 100 or so visitors. We get a couple thousand hits per day (minus the bots). Currently, we are ranking at the top of google/yahoo searches for "skid steer forum" and "bobcat forum".
We have a lot of folks find us via other forums, but feel free to spread the word. We have a lot of people who find us somehow, register as a member to post in our forum, and then go away after they get their answer. We might see them a week, month, or year later, but we do have a regular core of folks like Tazza, skidsteer.ca, etc. who answer a lot of posts.
I think the most concurrent users that I've seen at the same time is 12. Most of the questions posted here are answered in a few days time, some pretty quick. It all depends on the "weather".
Again thanks for your interest

skidsteer.ca

Marc, thanks for your interest in advancing our membership participation. Like Tazza said, we have folks logging in from all over the world at different times. To give you an idea of the current participation, about 30 members login daily (about 80 in a week), with 100 or so visitors. We get a couple thousand hits per day (minus the bots). Currently, we are ranking at the top of google/yahoo searches for "skid steer forum" and "bobcat forum".
We have a lot of folks find us via other forums, but feel free to spread the word. We have a lot of people who find us somehow, register as a member to post in our forum, and then go away after they get their answer. We might see them a week, month, or year later, but we do have a regular core of folks like Tazza, skidsteer.ca, etc. who answer a lot of posts.
I think the most concurrent users that I've seen at the same time is 12. Most of the questions posted here are answered in a few days time, some pretty quick. It all depends on the "weather".
Again thanks for your interest
Marc
One other suggestion is to seach the form for past posts that may have been partially or fully discussed before.
Of course I wish I got paid to be here to answer questions on here but its a hobby, its not what usually puts food on the table.
It brings 40 or so new visitors to my website monthly and helps keep me up on the search engines, plus I do it because I enjoy trying to help.
Other times I don't have an answer or informed opinion on the topic or I'm swamped with work in the real world or putting my feet up away from the computer.
Post the question you have and usually you will get answers. It may take a few days,
We're not a real large forum, apparently the number of people who have skidsteers and use computers for communication is smaller then the number of Harley owners, of dodge cummins owners etc.
Sometimes I think we should start a FAQ for people who want tips on starting a new business or tracks versus tires. Which IMO would be better discussed on a phone, because I type to slow to answer all that, especially for those who don't state what they want to acomplish in the question. With questions like that, it all really depends on what you want the machine to do for you, or who your target market is, because no one machine or person is the best for every job.
Welcome to the forum
Ken

owensge

Marc
One other suggestion is to seach the form for past posts that may have been partially or fully discussed before.
Of course I wish I got paid to be here to answer questions on here but its a hobby, its not what usually puts food on the table.
It brings 40 or so new visitors to my website monthly and helps keep me up on the search engines, plus I do it because I enjoy trying to help.
Other times I don't have an answer or informed opinion on the topic or I'm swamped with work in the real world or putting my feet up away from the computer.
Post the question you have and usually you will get answers. It may take a few days,
We're not a real large forum, apparently the number of people who have skidsteers and use computers for communication is smaller then the number of Harley owners, of dodge cummins owners etc.
Sometimes I think we should start a FAQ for people who want tips on starting a new business or tracks versus tires. Which IMO would be better discussed on a phone, because I type to slow to answer all that, especially for those who don't state what they want to acomplish in the question. With questions like that, it all really depends on what you want the machine to do for you, or who your target market is, because no one machine or person is the best for every job.
Welcome to the forum
Ken
Do go on Ken! I have a FAQ section that is aching for some use. Maybe we could field some input on what should be included in a FAQ for "Starting a New Business" or anything else that makes sense to do. Something like this might be a bit faster than searching through hundreds of threads...

skidsteer.ca

Do go on Ken! I have a FAQ section that is aching for some use. Maybe we could field some input on what should be included in a FAQ for "Starting a New Business" or anything else that makes sense to do. Something like this might be a bit faster than searching through hundreds of threads...
Yes I noticed that after I posted. I guess the hard part is to gather up all the wisdom from the past and move it there. It just takes time.
All this just makes me think how many post there has been on "buying first loader for bussiness, whats the best?" answer depends on business type of work and cash flow,
"buying first loader for personal use, whats best?", answer depends on intended use, but likely does not matter as almost any loader is going to be way better then none and the job will get do so fast you won't wear it out anyway.
I'm hoping my summer contracting is almost done, and I'll have a bit more time to contribute to this. But yes, its a job that needs done.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Yes I noticed that after I posted. I guess the hard part is to gather up all the wisdom from the past and move it there. It just takes time.
All this just makes me think how many post there has been on "buying first loader for bussiness, whats the best?" answer depends on business type of work and cash flow,
"buying first loader for personal use, whats best?", answer depends on intended use, but likely does not matter as almost any loader is going to be way better then none and the job will get do so fast you won't wear it out anyway.
I'm hoping my summer contracting is almost done, and I'll have a bit more time to contribute to this. But yes, its a job that needs done.
Ken
I think i mentioned a FAQ section a fair while ago but it will take a fair amount of time and effort to do. It would save a heap of time re-answering questions that have already been answered by other members. A search finds some of the questions but honestly i have tried doing searches before with little success.

bobcat_ron

I think i mentioned a FAQ section a fair while ago but it will take a fair amount of time and effort to do. It would save a heap of time re-answering questions that have already been answered by other members. A search finds some of the questions but honestly i have tried doing searches before with little success.
I usually pop in here once a day, but I hang out more on Lawnsite and got lots of warnings from the mods on HEF.

nailsbeats

I usually pop in here once a day, but I hang out more on Lawnsite and got lots of warnings from the mods on HEF.
I am also here once a day lately, just can't answer a whole lot mechanically because I haven't had too many problems yet. Ron, may be a dumb question, but what is HEF?

jerry

I think a lot of people are like me and stop in here and read the posts a few times a day without logging in unless there is something they feel they can add to a discussion. So it may be deceptive to just go by how many are on line at the time. How do these forums work anyhow, do the advertisers pay only when clicked on, does a anonymous visit get just as much credit as a logged on member visit? If logged on visits are to the forums advantage let us know.

nailsbeats

I think a lot of people are like me and stop in here and read the posts a few times a day without logging in unless there is something they feel they can add to a discussion. So it may be deceptive to just go by how many are on line at the time. How do these forums work anyhow, do the advertisers pay only when clicked on, does a anonymous visit get just as much credit as a logged on member visit? If logged on visits are to the forums advantage let us know.
Right on Jerry. I think you hit it on the head. I read your post anonymously, then logged on to concur.

owensge

Right on Jerry. I think you hit it on the head. I read your post anonymously, then logged on to concur.
Yep, we have around 250 visitors and 35 members login on a daily basis (not all at the same time). You are right on with regards to the logon habits of our users.
Basically, this site gets credit for each click on a Google Ad. Doesn't matter whether you're logged in or not. Currently, we hope to double our click activity to break even as we use the Google funds to defray our cost for hosting the site.
Thanks for your comments.

jerry

Yep, we have around 250 visitors and 35 members login on a daily basis (not all at the same time). You are right on with regards to the logon habits of our users.
Basically, this site gets credit for each click on a Google Ad. Doesn't matter whether you're logged in or not. Currently, we hope to double our click activity to break even as we use the Google funds to defray our cost for hosting the site.
Thanks for your comments.
Thanks for your response and explanation owensge. It is a good forum and well run, I have seen on other sites a banner saying " Please visit our sponsers as they support this site". I don't know if it works or not though.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for your response and explanation owensge. It is a good forum and well run, I have seen on other sites a banner saying " Please visit our sponsers as they support this site". I don't know if it works or not though.
Just how many *clicks* do you need? i really should get in the habit of clicking them when i'm at work, i usually pop in just to have a look around 3-4 times at work, more when i'm bored....
I'm sure no one wants it to get to the stage that every page has banners that refuse to go away and pop ups. I hate advertising as much as the next person but on a site that doesn't charge for the use of its *service* what other choice do you really have?

owensge

Just how many *clicks* do you need? i really should get in the habit of clicking them when i'm at work, i usually pop in just to have a look around 3-4 times at work, more when i'm bored....
I'm sure no one wants it to get to the stage that every page has banners that refuse to go away and pop ups. I hate advertising as much as the next person but on a site that doesn't charge for the use of its *service* what other choice do you really have?
Right now, we are averaging about 7 clicks on the site per day. To reach our goal, we'd need at least 25 clicks per day.
Thanks for your support and interest!

Cam2

Right now, we are averaging about 7 clicks on the site per day. To reach our goal, we'd need at least 25 clicks per day.
Thanks for your support and interest!
Because of my love for Skidsteers (as gay as that sounds) I try to log in and read even the little posts, everyday. Great site and I'm sure the traffic will come. Google ads, I read that one person can not keep clicking on them, there IP (or something) is logged and counted as to prevent this, not sure......but I click from time to time. Thanks, Chris

owensge

Because of my love for Skidsteers (as gay as that sounds) I try to log in and read even the little posts, everyday. Great site and I'm sure the traffic will come. Google ads, I read that one person can not keep clicking on them, there IP (or something) is logged and counted as to prevent this, not sure......but I click from time to time. Thanks, Chris
Yes, that's true, we'll need real traffic. We are averaging 30 member logins daily, so even one click per login per day would help.
Nothing wrong with loving steel and rubber! :)

Latest posts