NH LX865 Battery Issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jpnh16

The nephew was playing around on my skid steer. A few days later I went to start it up and realized he had put the key in the run position. The battery light comes on when I go to start it up. It clicks once but it doesn't crank at all.I've tried jumping it, changing the battery, and all the fuses are good but no luck. The lights work, so I know it's getting some power. Has anyone had this issue? Please help. Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
I guess it could be a bad starter, when you have the lights on, what happens when you go to start, do they go out?
Some times batteries are gone far enough that the lights will work, but when the starter engages, there isn't enough power there to turn it over and the starter just clicks.

OP
OP
J

jpnh16

I guess it could be a bad starter, when you have the lights on, what happens when you go to start, do they go out?
Some times batteries are gone far enough that the lights will work, but when the starter engages, there isn't enough power there to turn it over and the starter just clicks.
Pretty much the starter. It was the solenoid on the starter. I finally got a multimeter. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts