Newer wheels/tires on an older Bobcat?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wadeofdesth

I'm having a hell of a time finding some used 27x8.5-15 tires for my old 520 Bobcat. I'm curious if anyone has ever run some 12-16.5's or really anything else that might be cheap/plentiful on these older machines. Also, the tires on here are foam filled or something of that nature. Am I going to have a hell of a time finding a shop to swap these out or how does that work?
Thanks in advance.

mrbb

well I did a simple online search for tires your size and no shortage of them online, tons of folks selling them??
here is just one of dozens

I cannot imagine a local shop near you cannot get them if you ask! bt then again don't know where your located ?

and
I highly doubt that 12-16.5's will fit they will be almost 6+ inches taller, and even if they fit they would be robbing a lot of power to turn them!
and pending what is inside your tires, you may need wheels as well, , I would think anyone that sells skid steer tire wheel packages on places like Ebay, craigslist, face book market place will have tire wheel combos which will most likely be your cheapest route
just remember that typically the cheaper the tire the faster they wear out!, so its not always a savings deal buying the cheaper tire!

OP
OP
Wadeofdesth

Wadeofdesth

well I did a simple online search for tires your size and no shortage of them online, tons of folks selling them??
here is just one of dozens

I cannot imagine a local shop near you cannot get them if you ask! bt then again don't know where your located ?

and
I highly doubt that 12-16.5's will fit they will be almost 6+ inches taller, and even if they fit they would be robbing a lot of power to turn them!
and pending what is inside your tires, you may need wheels as well, , I would think anyone that sells skid steer tire wheel packages on places like Ebay, craigslist, face book market place will have tire wheel combos which will most likely be your cheapest route
just remember that typically the cheaper the tire the faster they wear out!, so its not always a savings deal buying the cheaper tire!
Being that it was a cheap machine in rough shape I'm just having a hard time investing fully in a new wheel/tire combo until I get her to spew a little less fluid and in better overall shape. At least I know that these bald things aren't going flat anytime soon. Thanks for the info.

mrbb

Being that it was a cheap machine in rough shape I'm just having a hard time investing fully in a new wheel/tire combo until I get her to spew a little less fluid and in better overall shape. At least I know that these bald things aren't going flat anytime soon. Thanks for the info.
well if the tires on it hold air, wait till you get it fixed up and go from there, you can also, contact some NEW skid steer tire shops and ask them if they have any USED tires too, or ask them to keep your contact info and if they GET any in to let you know!

but there is NO shortage of them out there