Newer New Hollands

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shooterm

I grew up with these on the farm. They turned on a dime and hauled arse. I went construction the last ten years and always bragged up the New Hollands being a superiour machines then the Case/Bobcats we used on site.
Now I'm into a new company that runs new NH skids oldest being three years old. I just cant get over how crappy these machines are. I cant get 600 hour machine to loosen up. I cant get the hydraulics to stop jerking. Seatbelts, safety seats,add random electrical problems,seems across the board. All this coming from atleast six new New Hollands each a different model and year.
I even made it a point to take the best skid on the lot and baby it the last month but still I cant stop all the electrical problems. Just me using a crap ton of there compact tractors as well for this company I think there is a severe lack of QC on a whole for NH lately. I can slightly say I understand this could be a maintence issue but the electrical problems are glaring to me as real issues with the equipment line.
Hate being negative in the New Holland sub-forum but I used to be one of there biggest fan now I dont even think they rate as a construction machine.

OP
OP
S

shooterm

I have no clue why I lost my paragraphs but it compacted it. New to this forum cant find edit.

Tazza

Staff member
I have no clue why I lost my paragraphs but it compacted it. New to this forum cant find edit.
Edit your profile
Check the box that says use free html text editor (or something like that) it will fix your paragraphs.
There is no edit feature here yet.

Tazza

Staff member
Edit your profile
Check the box that says use free html text editor (or something like that) it will fix your paragraphs.
There is no edit feature here yet.
The older machines were simple, all mechanical. With the addition of electronics and worse still, computers! things have gone down hill. Electronics in bumpy, dusty area? never a good plan....
There are exceptions to this, some machines have these features and work great, but there is always a dud in there....

skidsteer.ca

You need to go into your profile and put a check in the "use html editor" box and your paragraphs will work.
Only the mods can edit at this point, I'll clean it up.
Ken

wickmar

I owned a new LX565 years ago and gave it a run for about 15 years, but did not put a lot of hours on it. No real problems. Then two + years ago, I bought a new L170 which is nearly comparable. Immediately noted the decreased thickness of nearly ALL metal used in its construction from boom to chassis to body. Can't say about the hydraulics however. I cannot even "kiss" a tree with the engine door without having to loosen and retighten the hinge bolts to realign tne door so that it will open and close adequately. This NEVER happened with the LX565 with similar "kisses". Am disappointed! In all fairness, I have thus far had no electrical/electronic issues, but DID have to purchase from factory an electronic board, so that I could put the machine in service mode to be able to adjust the neutral adjustment. On LX565, I only needed to flick a toggle switch overhead. Disappointed again! I too am not New Holland's biggest fan. Wick Locust Grove, AR

Latest posts