Newbie T190 question.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobbys

I have an 05 T190 with 1600 hrs on it. I just noticed the day before yesterday that I had oil seeping out of the center hole of my sprocket area. I take off my sprocket and there is no oil leak anywheres on the drive motor but there is oil coming out of the hole in the shaft at the end. How do I fix this? Is this a problem or just overflow? Not sure where to go with this. Thanks, Bobby

siduramaxde

I'm not sure how the T190 drive system is set up but if it's anything like my T200 then I would stop using it ASAP and get it fixed b4 you do major damage to the drive motor. If the leak is bad enough you could kill the drive motor and they are very expensive. I hope it's an easy fix for you but I would bet there are other problems. Did you just get this machine?

OP
OP
B

bobbys

I'm not sure how the T190 drive system is set up but if it's anything like my T200 then I would stop using it ASAP and get it fixed b4 you do major damage to the drive motor. If the leak is bad enough you could kill the drive motor and they are very expensive. I hope it's an easy fix for you but I would bet there are other problems. Did you just get this machine?
yeah but from what i understand the t190 drive motor is lubricated by the hydraulic system unlike the t200+ so the oil coming out of the middle hole is what then? there is no plug for it.

bobcat_ron

yeah but from what i understand the t190 drive motor is lubricated by the hydraulic system unlike the t200+ so the oil coming out of the middle hole is what then? there is no plug for it.
Get it into a shop ASAP, my '03 T190 had the same issue, and it blew the seals out of the drive motor and chewed the bearings up in the drive.

bobbie-g

Get it into a shop ASAP, my '03 T190 had the same issue, and it blew the seals out of the drive motor and chewed the bearings up in the drive.
Not sure how much I can add, but I'll try. I'm a new-to-me owner of a 2005 T180. I believe the only difference between a 180 and 190 is the mechanics of the lift arms at the rear pivot points. I think the 180 is referred to as a radial lift, and the 190 is ??? So I think everything else is pretty much the same. I haven't yet determined which drive motors I have. One type has an oil reservoir with a drain plug, the svc interval on the oil is 1000 hrs. $45 for 6 ozs from Bobcat. The other drive motor does not have serviceable oil, and I don't know if the oil comes from somewhere else or if its sealed. The local Bobcat technician told me the only way to tell which kind I have is to pull the sprocket and look for the drain bung on the circumference of the hub. There are other threads on this forum that talk about how to drain the oil. Best I can do for now. I don't know about the internal workin's of the the motors, so I don't know how the oil might be seeping out the hole you describe. I saw that mine also had such a hole in the center of the hub, visible even with the sprocket in place. Was it a bear to remove the track and sprocket? I gotta do that to see if my hubs have renewable oil (1100 hrs on the machine now). ---RC

OP
OP
B

bobbys

Not sure how much I can add, but I'll try. I'm a new-to-me owner of a 2005 T180. I believe the only difference between a 180 and 190 is the mechanics of the lift arms at the rear pivot points. I think the 180 is referred to as a radial lift, and the 190 is ??? So I think everything else is pretty much the same. I haven't yet determined which drive motors I have. One type has an oil reservoir with a drain plug, the svc interval on the oil is 1000 hrs. $45 for 6 ozs from Bobcat. The other drive motor does not have serviceable oil, and I don't know if the oil comes from somewhere else or if its sealed. The local Bobcat technician told me the only way to tell which kind I have is to pull the sprocket and look for the drain bung on the circumference of the hub. There are other threads on this forum that talk about how to drain the oil. Best I can do for now. I don't know about the internal workin's of the the motors, so I don't know how the oil might be seeping out the hole you describe. I saw that mine also had such a hole in the center of the hub, visible even with the sprocket in place. Was it a bear to remove the track and sprocket? I gotta do that to see if my hubs have renewable oil (1100 hrs on the machine now). ---RC
Nah just loosin the bigger grease fitting to the grease runs out take a jack and put it infront of the track and front roller to supress the piston and push the grease out.. then pop the bolts and the sprocket falls off. Mine definately has the upper and lower hole in the hub. Incase by chance some of you are not sure what hole i am referring to here is a clear picture of it. Is the role right in the middle of the bolt holes. http://cgi.ebay.com/Bobcat-T190-dri...ItemQQimsxZ20091113?IMSfp=TL091113172004r3576

bobcat_ron

Nah just loosin the bigger grease fitting to the grease runs out take a jack and put it infront of the track and front roller to supress the piston and push the grease out.. then pop the bolts and the sprocket falls off. Mine definately has the upper and lower hole in the hub. Incase by chance some of you are not sure what hole i am referring to here is a clear picture of it. Is the role right in the middle of the bolt holes. http://cgi.ebay.com/Bobcat-T190-drive-motor_W0QQitemZ160377660772QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20091113?IMSfp=TL091113172004r3576
Both versions had separate oil, you had to use 75/140 synthetic weight oil, the plugs was Bobcat's way of making servicing easier after all the blown drive motors.