Newb from Missouri

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Anth_B

Hello everybody. I own a bobcat 742 right now that is down and out. The original 1.6 kicked the bucket and im not able to rebuild it due to costing to much (the blcok is shot). So I can across a brand new 1.1l ford, never been used for cheap ($700) so im in the process of putting that in the 742. I know that it has less horse power but i didnt have much of a choice. I have ran into a couple problems but the biggest one is finding a flywheel. The engine has a five bolt crank for the flywheel and that has seemed almost impossible to find. Im hoping that i can find some answers on here. Thanks everybody Anthony

Tazza

Staff member
The problem i see is that the 1.1L may not have a govenor, but hopefully you can make the old one work with it.
You should be able to get the old fly wheel re-drilled if need be. If you plug up the old bolt holes, you should be able to re-drill them where they are required. Is that an option?
As always with any re-power, we demand pictures :)

OP
OP
A

Anth_B

The problem i see is that the 1.1L may not have a govenor, but hopefully you can make the old one work with it.
You should be able to get the old fly wheel re-drilled if need be. If you plug up the old bolt holes, you should be able to re-drill them where they are required. Is that an option?
As always with any re-power, we demand pictures :)
Ill take pics as i go and start a thread in the re-power section. The 1.1 i have dosnt have a govenor, but the one i took off of the 1.6 works so ill try to get it to work. I thought about redrilling the holes or having a machine shop cut out the old center and make a new one and weld it back in there. Not really sure if any of thats possible.

Tazza

Staff member
Ill take pics as i go and start a thread in the re-power section. The 1.1 i have dosnt have a govenor, but the one i took off of the 1.6 works so ill try to get it to work. I thought about redrilling the holes or having a machine shop cut out the old center and make a new one and weld it back in there. Not really sure if any of thats possible.
You won't be able to weld to it, its cast iron, it won't hold together. Hopefully the govenor will be able to be mounted to the new engine.
I'm sue its not too hard of a job for a machine shop. The problem is, there aren't any other ways i can think of to do the job......