new to this site

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skate creek

I've been reading through this site off and onfor two weeks. I would like to buy a machine but was trying to get as much information as possible so I don't get burned. I do my own work as I have 2 crawlers HD7 Allis Chalmers and a Case 310. I have owned them both for over 15 years. I am sure to have plenty of questions as i go through the learning process,please bear with me. Have not been able to access any pics that would explain the port block and the filter (bronze) it contains. thanks steve

Bandit1047

Hi Steve, welcome to the site. There is a great deal of good info on this site, however 99% of it is for Skid Steers and attachments. That doesn't mean that someone can't answer a question about a crawler but you do need to ask the question being very specific as to what you need an answer to. I hope that helps. If you need info on purchasing a skid steer, the best advice I can give is that you need to consider what it is you plan on using the machine for. You can then decide if you need a track machine or wheel machine. Do you need hydraulics to operate attachments? Hi-flow or is low flow good enough? I wish one of the guys on this site would come up with a list that would help narrow that down. Good luck! If you have more questions about buying a machine, ask them in the "general question" thread. Joe

Tazza

Staff member
Hi Steve, welcome to the site. There is a great deal of good info on this site, however 99% of it is for Skid Steers and attachments. That doesn't mean that someone can't answer a question about a crawler but you do need to ask the question being very specific as to what you need an answer to. I hope that helps. If you need info on purchasing a skid steer, the best advice I can give is that you need to consider what it is you plan on using the machine for. You can then decide if you need a track machine or wheel machine. Do you need hydraulics to operate attachments? Hi-flow or is low flow good enough? I wish one of the guys on this site would come up with a list that would help narrow that down. Good luck! If you have more questions about buying a machine, ask them in the "general question" thread. Joe
The bronze filter in the block you speak of is only an issue if you buy an early 74x or a 73x Bobcat machine. My old 731 had one, but my 743 did not.
Welcome to the site, questions are always welcome.