New to the Forum, trying to figure out how to work it.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

baer

Home owner with a home in the California mountains. Built a home and purchased a used 2001 763 with 800 hrs. Lots of rocks to move and landscaping to do. Having fun with the 763. One problem I have is the tilt bushing at the bob tach is mis-aligned. The hole for the grease zerk is about 1/2" out of alignment and I have to remove the bushing pin to grease the bushing. I guess I have 2 options, remove and replace the bushing or drill a new hole in the bushing. Can I remove the bushing without a press? If not, I guess re drilling the hole will be necessary. Any suggestions would help.

Tazza

Staff member
No issues drilling through the bushing to get oil in. Usually there is meant to be a ring cut in it allowing grease in from any side.
A punch and hammer will genenrally get the bushing out, but it will no doubt damage it. The hard ones need a welder and rod to use to shock it out with a slide hammer.

OP
OP
B

baer

No issues drilling through the bushing to get oil in. Usually there is meant to be a ring cut in it allowing grease in from any side.
A punch and hammer will genenrally get the bushing out, but it will no doubt damage it. The hard ones need a welder and rod to use to shock it out with a slide hammer.
Thanks, I think I will try to drill a new hole. Bought some cobalt drill bits hoping they will do the job.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks, I think I will try to drill a new hole. Bought some cobalt drill bits hoping they will do the job.
Hopefully they will, i actually didn't find the bushings to be super hard.
Good luck.

Latest posts