New to Me T190

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dirtworks

Just bought a New to Me 2005 T190 with 1200 hrs. I know!! I have read enough threads on this site, that a lot of you think that is nuts. Only buy a New T series. This unit is for my personal use and should not see more than 100-150 hours a year. The unit is very, very clean. The Dealer is doing a "full" service before they deliver it tomorrow. These are my questions based on my service knowledge of multiple wheeled units I have owned. 1. Before I start to use the unit, what items do I need to make sure I service, check or replace? Again, the dealer stated that they would service it before they deliver it. 2. As I am not used to a tracked unit, what maintenance items do I need to keep my eye on? 3. Does anyone have a suggestion of what manual to buy? I know the user manuals are usually useless.

bobbie-g

Dirtworks -- Can't answer many of your questions, but I have mostly the same set. I just got a new-to-me T180 with 1100 hrs, and it's certainly not "very very clean". I've read everything on this forum I could find about the tracked units. Since the dealer is servicing it, I'd ask for the hydraulic oil, large hydraulic filter, and case drain filters (small, in aluminum cases) to be changed out (these are 1000 hr service items). Also the oil in the drive motors (not all drive motors have oil, if I understand the situation correctly) should be changed at 1000 hrs or less (only takes a little dab but it's $45/6ozs!). To change that oil, the tracks have to be removed and the drive sprockets have to be pulled to access the drain/fill plug. Also, the oil in the fan gear box should be checked (not a big deal). I was told by my dealer that the timing belt and the hydraulic pump drive belt are both a 3000 hr change item. Track tension on both sides should be correctly adjusted. I think you just lay a long straight edge along the top of the track and look for 1/2" droop in the tracks in the middle. That's all that comes to mind (I'm omitting the obvious oil change, lube, etc). :) ---Bob

OP
OP
D

Dirtworks

Dirtworks -- Can't answer many of your questions, but I have mostly the same set. I just got a new-to-me T180 with 1100 hrs, and it's certainly not "very very clean". I've read everything on this forum I could find about the tracked units. Since the dealer is servicing it, I'd ask for the hydraulic oil, large hydraulic filter, and case drain filters (small, in aluminum cases) to be changed out (these are 1000 hr service items). Also the oil in the drive motors (not all drive motors have oil, if I understand the situation correctly) should be changed at 1000 hrs or less (only takes a little dab but it's $45/6ozs!). To change that oil, the tracks have to be removed and the drive sprockets have to be pulled to access the drain/fill plug. Also, the oil in the fan gear box should be checked (not a big deal). I was told by my dealer that the timing belt and the hydraulic pump drive belt are both a 3000 hr change item. Track tension on both sides should be correctly adjusted. I think you just lay a long straight edge along the top of the track and look for 1/2" droop in the tracks in the middle. That's all that comes to mind (I'm omitting the obvious oil change, lube, etc). :) ---Bob
Bobbie-G Thanks for the info. I plan on digging into it this weekend. It was very hard to find a clean unit. Most I went and looked at had 1000-1800 hrs. They looked worse and had more issues than my 753 with 4000 hrs on it. I do have a question for you, I see you have a 4 way dozer blade. I have see a lot of threads that guys do not like them. However, most of these guys have driven BIG dozers. Be kind of like road testing a Kia when you drive a Porsche every day. Do you find it handy? The main thing I was looking to do with it is move Hard Pan Clay for my son's MX track. Thanks for any advice? Dirtworks

bobbie-g

Bobbie-G Thanks for the info. I plan on digging into it this weekend. It was very hard to find a clean unit. Most I went and looked at had 1000-1800 hrs. They looked worse and had more issues than my 753 with 4000 hrs on it. I do have a question for you, I see you have a 4 way dozer blade. I have see a lot of threads that guys do not like them. However, most of these guys have driven BIG dozers. Be kind of like road testing a Kia when you drive a Porsche every day. Do you find it handy? The main thing I was looking to do with it is move Hard Pan Clay for my son's MX track. Thanks for any advice? Dirtworks
Dirtworks, I'll be happy to tell you about the 4-way blade. I'll start a new thread under Bobcat - General Questions so everyone can chime in on the topic. I have trouble using Firefox and a Mac on this forum, so if I can't start a new thread there, please ask the question there and I'll reply with my observations. Bobbie-G