New (to me) CAT 236B

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

switzforge

Just wrote the check yesterday for an 04 CAT 236B with 1260 hours. Is there anything I need to know about this machine? Also it recomends greasing all of the zirks daily. No problem there, however it would seem conveinent to have the grease gun stored on the machine somewhere. Does anybody have a place to stash a few items like that? other than loose on the floor of the cab that is.

Tazza

Staff member
I saw a 753 that had a grease gun stored in the engine bay on the inside of the rear door! I was quite impressed with it actually. Greasing daily seems a little excessive to me, but i guess it depends on how much work you give it. If you use it for a living i can see it beng a good idea but if its for personal use i'd grease it every few months. With that said, you can't over service the pins/bushes!
Good luck with your new toy, i'm sure you will be pleased with it. Bobcat_Ron loves his new CAT.

bobcat_ron

If you are going to keep it in the cab, forget it, unless you have a thick plastic bag with you, I hate that so much, it gets grease everywhere, I thought about getting a grease gun clamp from NAPA and bolting it inside the engine door, but somewhere where it doesn't hit the engine, that way it stays nice and warm from the engine heat in the winter time.

bobcat_ron

If you are going to keep it in the cab, forget it, unless you have a thick plastic bag with you, I hate that so much, it gets grease everywhere, I thought about getting a grease gun clamp from NAPA and bolting it inside the engine door, but somewhere where it doesn't hit the engine, that way it stays nice and warm from the engine heat in the winter time.
Darn right I love my new CAT, quiet and smooth and cheap as an Amish man on fuel!!

sandhills-elect

Darn right I love my new CAT, quiet and smooth and cheap as an Amish man on fuel!!
Bobcat_ron The phone company around here uses cat and asv. They say at 3000hrs the planitaries are shot, and it is quit costly repair have you heard of this. Just curious, Brent.

bobcat_ron

Bobcat_ron The phone company around here uses cat and asv. They say at 3000hrs the planitaries are shot, and it is quit costly repair have you heard of this. Just curious, Brent.
No, but the Cat oil sampling system will spot premature bearing failures, but still if I got 3000 hrs on any skid, I'd be a rich man. All I can hope for is 1000 hrs in 2 years, that's my average machine expectancy before it gets traded off again.

Idoitall

I would think twice about storing loose things like a grease gun inside the cab. In the case of an "unplanned event", like the current post where the guy rode the t190 down into a mud bog, this thing could cause you a severe injury flying around the cab. You'll have enough problems without adding this one. I like the idea of having it inside the rear engine door.

OP
OP
switzforge

switzforge

I would think twice about storing loose things like a grease gun inside the cab. In the case of an "unplanned event", like the current post where the guy rode the t190 down into a mud bog, this thing could cause you a severe injury flying around the cab. You'll have enough problems without adding this one. I like the idea of having it inside the rear engine door.
Leaving anything loose in the cab was never a good option. I was hoping that mo8nting inside the engine door would work. I'll give that a try. Thanks for all of the input.