Cat 277C, refuses to move

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

schreib69

I own an ASV track loader(SR80) but my neighbor is having problems with his newer, CAT 277C. Trying to help him; he has problems understanding but I have never even used it. He has owned and used it successfully for a year since buying it used. In pretty nice condition.

. . . tonight, had him demo how his problem shows up as symptoms:

-- He has been used to starting it up and using only joystick pattern #1(Cat default logic), then pressing the Parking brake button to release the machine and start usage. Normally, after doing so he simply starts using the machine as required.
-- However, today he finds that, out of the blue, after NORMAL start up(select #1, deselect Park) the machine is locked in place or runs intermittently, wonky. . . not right, whatever.
-- He told me he does NOT have to put BOTH armrests down. However, reading his manual home alone tonight it appears to state BOTH must be down.
-- I started up the machine tonight and watched him do so also. It appears the "1 / 2" joystick pattern selector toggle switch is intermittent and possibly faulty. Pushing it multiple times on the left and right finally pulls it out of the blinking mode and one or the other(1 or 2) engages. However, once engaged still, nothing works / moves or if so, not correctly or as expected.
-- a yellow triangle warning light with ! appears but no way to understand what the alert is about. . . ideas?

some questions:
1) Do I understand the operator manual correctly that BOTH arm rests must be down or it will lock into Park?
2) What are your thoughts on the joystick pattern switch symptom and do you have other better targets for the apparent fault?
3) What is process for removing the toggle switches from the panel face?
4) it does not appear the seat belt is locking things out. . .
5) Are there OTHER failsafe / lockouts that could be causing this inability to move and use the machine after it is running?

THANKS for your time!

Quote Reply

Last edited:

Latest posts