new member from Alabama

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

first1last

Hi, I am new to the skidsteer world. I build custom cabinets for a living and can do a little mechanic work. I bought a 743 bobcat and have been getting familiar with it. I change fluids and filters and replaced the fuel hoses. the previous owner put a electric fuel pump on it and used starting fluid to get it cranked. I went back to its original fuel pump and found the glow plugs wasn't getting current . Now it cranks and idles fine but smokes badly with loss of power at full throttle. Im wondering if injectors are clogged?

walio123

With an electrically pump the engine worked well? If the answer is yes then most likely there is a shortage of fuel caused by blockage of the fuel suplay line from the tank to the pump / check hose in the tank. A good idea is to check the injectors. Fix at any price preheating, even in warm weather without preheating these engines strats hard for the first time.

Tazza

Staff member
With an electrically pump the engine worked well? If the answer is yes then most likely there is a shortage of fuel caused by blockage of the fuel suplay line from the tank to the pump / check hose in the tank. A good idea is to check the injectors. Fix at any price preheating, even in warm weather without preheating these engines strats hard for the first time.
When the engine gets worn enough to need starting fluid, that's not great.
What colour smoke are you getting when running? Does it smell of fuel?
Leaky or blocked injectors is a possibility

OP
OP
F

first1last

When the engine gets worn enough to need starting fluid, that's not great.
What colour smoke are you getting when running? Does it smell of fuel?
Leaky or blocked injectors is a possibility
I have this problem solved. I had a small fuel line leak and the inner air filter was clogged. . Now dealing with why there's no juice to the glow plugs.