New Bobcat/Doosan M-Series excavators

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ZillBill

I would appreciate some thoughts/opinions from anyone who has had the opportunity to spend some time around any of these machines, specifically the E50 and E55 with the 2.4L. In reading other forums it appears a number of operators are having trouble with these engines in skidsteers and track loaders. Most complaints seem to be related to cold temps and fuel. Other manufacturers bash bobcat for going away from a DPF, are they just jealous? Thanks

7LBSSMALLIE

NOTE. there are many ways to reach EPA complince every one has fuel quality as the paramount #one thing... the e50 has KUBOTA V2403-M-DI-TE3B-BC-4 . NO HAVE HAD NO ISSUES other than poor fuel. now how as to best achieve performance HP ratio to load with out making smoke soot etc. dude as tech I play the im dealt. we got the Kubota we got the Doosan we got the bobcat Doosan built. they are all good they have been all overengired. they don't smoke whether its dpf def. or whatever is going to next. it all comes down to quality of fuel. winter mix summer mix texas or north Dakota?? I got no answers. I can say for sure that a 743 with a 2203 with 130lbs of compression .(might have to glow a couple a times) will start and run, and work all day. or deutez bfm1011f will run on kerosene dskill. or bourbon. . for about 10.000 hrs got no answers. hug a tree. you might get some maple. IN REALITY I UNDERSTAND the need for lessing our environmental impact I hunt I fish. but im also a heavy equipment tech. we take great pains to lessen our impact. and we have gotten smart about it not due to epa not due to osha or misha. but because this is what we do. work smart work hard. STAY SAFE this includes teaching the the rookies how not to get killed. (which happens faster than you can blink. sorry guys ranting

7LBSSMALLIE

NOTE. there are many ways to reach EPA complince every one has fuel quality as the paramount #one thing... the e50 has KUBOTA V2403-M-DI-TE3B-BC-4 . NO HAVE HAD NO ISSUES other than poor fuel. now how as to best achieve performance HP ratio to load with out making smoke soot etc. dude as tech I play the im dealt. we got the Kubota we got the Doosan we got the bobcat Doosan built. they are all good they have been all overengired. they don't smoke whether its dpf def. or whatever is going to next. it all comes down to quality of fuel. winter mix summer mix texas or north Dakota?? I got no answers. I can say for sure that a 743 with a 2203 with 130lbs of compression .(might have to glow a couple a times) will start and run, and work all day. or deutez bfm1011f will run on kerosene dskill. or bourbon. . for about 10.000 hrs got no answers. hug a tree. you might get some maple. IN REALITY I UNDERSTAND the need for lessing our environmental impact I hunt I fish. but im also a heavy equipment tech. we take great pains to lessen our impact. and we have gotten smart about it not due to epa not due to osha or misha. but because this is what we do. work smart work hard. STAY SAFE this includes teaching the the rookies how not to get killed. (which happens faster than you can blink. sorry guys ranting
my bad 743 had v1703. and they didn't smoke after start up. and yea wrong post for ventining. but you gotta admit when it comes down to it our business is pickining up material and moving it not that many of us and not that complicated. what 3% of global business. just a dude with with a plan trying to make a living , does the govt need to be involved to drive up cost. EPA all good and well. we need them. I think we all want clean air and clean water. aslk flint. how much is to much , and how little is to little.