New Baby

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

!BU+TcMw!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKiUEjlLmV5L+BKQRH83Yww~~_3.JPG

Here she is Gentleman. For better or worse as the saying goes. Found this the other day and tonight I ended up with her. Not real sure if it was good or bad but I think I did ok. 350 hours, cab with heat, power bobtach and suspension seat, tracks, land plane (for sale) , bucket, tooth bar and 4 spare wheels and tires. $18500
Hear some of you boys throwing some lighter #'s around, but they are never around when I'm looking it seems.
Anyone know the going price on a hi flow kit? The only option I wish it had.
Now I have to come up with another name, to keep my son happy. He has been a little down since I sold Baby Bob and Big Bob (553 and 853).
I currently have a Yellow Bob and White Bob, Soooo.........I'm thinkin Turbo Bob!
Have a good nite.
Ken

Blackhammer

Very clean looking machine. Congrats on the new purchase. I know what you mean about the lighter #'s nerver being around when you look. I tend to find great deals when I am not in the market.

Tazza

Staff member
Very clean looking machine. Congrats on the new purchase. I know what you mean about the lighter #'s nerver being around when you look. I tend to find great deals when I am not in the market.
That price sounds pretty good to me, but everything is expensive over here.....
Se few hours! wish i had one like that.

nobull1

That price sounds pretty good to me, but everything is expensive over here.....
Se few hours! wish i had one like that.
Looks like a good one. Low hours and spare parts to boot is good. Good score.

Brian

Jeffscarstrucks

Looks like a good one. Low hours and spare parts to boot is good. Good score.

Brian
Figure out what the extras are worth on the real market....you did get a great deal, you just bought a few extras along with it! Sounds great and it looks like a machine that has been gently used. The light prices usually come with the rough or un-maintained stuff (like I usually find), Jeff

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

Figure out what the extras are worth on the real market....you did get a great deal, you just bought a few extras along with it! Sounds great and it looks like a machine that has been gently used. The light prices usually come with the rough or un-maintained stuff (like I usually find), Jeff
I Figured I could easily take 2000- 2500 off that for the extras. Dealers were talking 23 or 24k, I figure with that much coin left in my pocket I can fund my own 30 day warranty.
I have to go get it yet too. Its 540 miles away. But pics looked real clean, so long as he isn't messing with the hours I'll be happy. When they are that low a extra 500 would show imo.
I have been trying to get my ducks in a row to go, but no luck yet. Truck and trailer is ready, $$$ is ready, bag is packed, few extra stops planned, but....Anyone want to sit with twin 2 year olds so I can go in the am???! Mama gos in to work now and I want to leave at 4 am. My 4 year old has been begging to come too, but I know he would drive me around the bend by the 3rd hour.... So its looking like Thursday now.
Ken

toomacho

I Figured I could easily take 2000- 2500 off that for the extras. Dealers were talking 23 or 24k, I figure with that much coin left in my pocket I can fund my own 30 day warranty.
I have to go get it yet too. Its 540 miles away. But pics looked real clean, so long as he isn't messing with the hours I'll be happy. When they are that low a extra 500 would show imo.
I have been trying to get my ducks in a row to go, but no luck yet. Truck and trailer is ready, $$$ is ready, bag is packed, few extra stops planned, but....Anyone want to sit with twin 2 year olds so I can go in the am???! Mama gos in to work now and I want to leave at 4 am. My 4 year old has been begging to come too, but I know he would drive me around the bend by the 3rd hour.... So its looking like Thursday now.
Ken
Dude, that is awesome! Congratulations! Let us know when you actually get it home. Hey, as far as the price, there is ALWAYS someone who knew somewhere where you could have gotten it cheaper. Of course it is ALWAYS after the fact, never when you are actually looking. I think you did fine, heck those tracks are around 3k. When I got my 863, for what I thought was a fantastic price, several thought it was a little high. To this day, I really have not seen any better deals for one in similar shape.

Iowa Dave

I see by the dealer sticker where it came from originally. They are good guys. That machine probably LISTED at about 30 grand. I thought about that machine, but we have found that--for us-- air conditioning is a must. THAT WILL BE A GREAT MACHINE. I ended up with a new S-205, loaded to the MAX except standard controls and no high flow. Severe duty tires, attachment control kit, sound reduction, stereo, power bobtach, air,block heater, counterweight kit, suspension seat, back up alarm, keyless deluxe instrumentation, etc. "Listed" for $39,262. I traded a 753 and $17,500 boot. Same deal was $25K last year, so dealer was willing to DEAL. By the way, several of my guys call my 463 "Bobby".

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

I see by the dealer sticker where it came from originally. They are good guys. That machine probably LISTED at about 30 grand. I thought about that machine, but we have found that--for us-- air conditioning is a must. THAT WILL BE A GREAT MACHINE. I ended up with a new S-205, loaded to the MAX except standard controls and no high flow. Severe duty tires, attachment control kit, sound reduction, stereo, power bobtach, air,block heater, counterweight kit, suspension seat, back up alarm, keyless deluxe instrumentation, etc. "Listed" for $39,262. I traded a 753 and $17,500 boot. Same deal was $25K last year, so dealer was willing to DEAL. By the way, several of my guys call my 463 "Bobby".
I'm 1/2 way home with it and stopped for the night. It's just what he said it was and aside from some very minor paint scuffs and a little of the sound deadening material that needs reglued it is perfect. It has the smart fan, (did not think it was new enough for that, does that make it a K series?) Also they use a different fuel shut off solinoid now. Sure there will be other minor differences from my 773G.
I would have taken the air if it had it but for so much of what I do, I need the door off for the hoe or I'm in and out of the cab every few minutes. I'm going to check on the $ of a high flow for it in the AM. I don't have to have that but then I could run my stump grinder on it too.
He gave me the bill, with bucket he paid 31046.00 and took delivery Oct 8 06
Well, need sleep, up at 4 am and its midnight here now.
Ken

Land-Tech

I'm 1/2 way home with it and stopped for the night. It's just what he said it was and aside from some very minor paint scuffs and a little of the sound deadening material that needs reglued it is perfect. It has the smart fan, (did not think it was new enough for that, does that make it a K series?) Also they use a different fuel shut off solinoid now. Sure there will be other minor differences from my 773G.
I would have taken the air if it had it but for so much of what I do, I need the door off for the hoe or I'm in and out of the cab every few minutes. I'm going to check on the $ of a high flow for it in the AM. I don't have to have that but then I could run my stump grinder on it too.
He gave me the bill, with bucket he paid 31046.00 and took delivery Oct 8 06
Well, need sleep, up at 4 am and its midnight here now.
Ken
I don't think you will regret it at all. Good luck. Scott

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

I don't think you will regret it at all. Good luck. Scott
Well made it home in I piece. Traffic was not all that bad considering it was the 3rd of July and I'm heading to lake country. The dealer I wanted to visit on the way had taken the day off so no info on the high flow yet.
Loader came with 4 spare tires. The unused/new one is weather checking and the other 3 were flat, so I was skeptical if I had received 4 spare rims only. But 2 plugs and a bead seat later, I have 4 tires with air in them. Guess the checked one I'll put into service and hope for the best. Its a poor brand because the sticker is still on the tread (not that old). I'm also slow to wearing tires out too, so I guess it will likely die a early death. The other 3 are good tread and casing and the ones on the loader are good to. Tires galour.
The only other problem is the power bobtach not wanting to work, had to rev the engine up and shake and jiggle the attachment to get it to close. Strickly a lack or grease on the pins. One would not even take grease. The rest of the fitting took grease ok and no squeaky pins so I'm thinking he forgot or neglecked those. works good now though still not at a idle unless you use one of the foot pedals at the same time. Bobcat must have pretty low pressure in this circuit too.
Otherwise I'm thrilled. The sound deadening does make it so I can talk to my son in a normal voice when he is with me. Very quiet. The down side is I'm sure the weather and oil (if there is a leak) will deterirate it over time. The track still squeak, but without them on you could work all day without hearing protection.
Its fast smooth and feels a little stiff compared to my old one, which it should, engine oil is clean, its dry everywhere.
Just sent my wife and boys to the lake so I guess I better go play with it for a hour, b4 I have to work on that d*mn boat and take it fishing. Something is always spoiling my fun! lol.
Ken