need tilt cylinders for 2060 mustang, new or used

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dogfishlake

Hello, I'm trying to locate both tilt cylinders for my 2060 Mustang. Used would be great but new would be my backup. Any help would be great. Also, does anyone make an aftermarket cylinder that would work? What other models or makes interchange? Thanks a ton for the help.

Des

Whats wrong with the cylinders? You can rebuild them, Seal kits are available, rods can be made at a machine shop, barrels only need to be honed or if to badly damaged you can have new ones made , the glands if worn can be machined & bushed.

skidsteer.ca

Whats wrong with the cylinders? You can rebuild them, Seal kits are available, rods can be made at a machine shop, barrels only need to be honed or if to badly damaged you can have new ones made , the glands if worn can be machined & bushed.
Yes most machine shops can repair then for much less then new. I have never thrown one away yet and I have quite a few around here.
Ken

OP
OP
D

dogfishlake

Yes most machine shops can repair then for much less then new. I have never thrown one away yet and I have quite a few around here.
Ken
I bought the machine as a near basket-case, almost done but is missing one cylinder completely and the other has a bent shaft, and I'm not sure it is original, it has 960 scratched in it-seems to fit though so I could have that one repaired. So skidsteer.ca do you mean you have extra cylinders that you could sell me? Thanks for your help.

skidsteer.ca

I bought the machine as a near basket-case, almost done but is missing one cylinder completely and the other has a bent shaft, and I'm not sure it is original, it has 960 scratched in it-seems to fit though so I could have that one repaired. So skidsteer.ca do you mean you have extra cylinders that you could sell me? Thanks for your help.
No sorry, I just meant I own several machines that use hydraulic cylinders and we have alway be able to repair every cylinder we have ever damaged, and I don't mean just skidsteers.
You can likely get a new rod made and the cylinder seals repacked for $200 to $300. You should take it apart and see if the piston and the inside of the barrel look good.
There should be a machine shop around you that does this. Our local shop keeps chrome rod and packing on hand and can fix bent rods is a couple hours. Depending on how complex the way the cylinders pins/mounts are they may be able to make you another one. Also keep digging around you may find another used one.
There is also a chance it was used on other models
Ken

OP
OP
D

dogfishlake

No sorry, I just meant I own several machines that use hydraulic cylinders and we have alway be able to repair every cylinder we have ever damaged, and I don't mean just skidsteers.
You can likely get a new rod made and the cylinder seals repacked for $200 to $300. You should take it apart and see if the piston and the inside of the barrel look good.
There should be a machine shop around you that does this. Our local shop keeps chrome rod and packing on hand and can fix bent rods is a couple hours. Depending on how complex the way the cylinders pins/mounts are they may be able to make you another one. Also keep digging around you may find another used one.
There is also a chance it was used on other models
Ken
Thanks for the help I'll see what I can find.

OP
OP
D

dogfishlake

Seems like these folks have all of the OEM parts now; http://www.goldeneagledirect.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=2
Well I found new cylinders at Baileynet.com. Lots of stuff. The ones I found had the right dimensions except they had 1" ends so I had a machinist friend cut them off and he made 1 1/2 ends for me and put them on. They are pretty sweet and about 1/3 the cost. We'll see how they work soon. Thanks for all your help.

skidsteer.ca

Well I found new cylinders at Baileynet.com. Lots of stuff. The ones I found had the right dimensions except they had 1" ends so I had a machinist friend cut them off and he made 1 1/2 ends for me and put them on. They are pretty sweet and about 1/3 the cost. We'll see how they work soon. Thanks for all your help.
Good to hear. I have seen their site and they have almost anything hydraulic and specialize in custom cylinders too. I should have thought too mention them.... oh well you found a solution. Great
Ken

Latest posts