need help wiring a backup camera in a Bobcat 753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rfalk

Hi, I am looking for some help in identifying the best power wire in my year 2000 Bobcat 753 to connect up a backup camera. For convenience of mounting I would like to tie the power and ground into the upper right panel of the cab harness, if possible. The wiring diagram for this panel lists the following wires: 9330 Start 9310 Data 9300 Clock/Latch 9120 System Tx 9220 System Rx 1920 Computer Power 1220 Protected Power 2920 Ground 9350 Key/Enter Switch The ground is obvious, but my question is what wire should I splice into for power? "Protected Power" seems the logical choice, but I wanted to make sure. Any thoughts from the experts out there? Thanks, bob

OldMachinist

I wouldn't connect to any of the wires in the panel they all come from the control module and if you fry that you're talking big bucks. I would find the closest 17xx wire that circuit comes from the switched power relay and run a new wire from it to your camera. You can trace that circuit from fuse #10 (25amp).

Bobcatdan

I wouldn't connect to any of the wires in the panel they all come from the control module and if you fry that you're talking big bucks. I would find the closest 17xx wire that circuit comes from the switched power relay and run a new wire from it to your camera. You can trace that circuit from fuse #10 (25amp).
What OldM said, don't splice into anything up around the dash. What I tell guys, if the unit has the deluex wiring harness, there a several unused connectors for assoteries, like strob light kits. If they are there, quick simple power and ground source, as long as what you want to run doesn't suck huge amps.

OP
OP
R

rfalk

What OldM said, don't splice into anything up around the dash. What I tell guys, if the unit has the deluex wiring harness, there a several unused connectors for assoteries, like strob light kits. If they are there, quick simple power and ground source, as long as what you want to run doesn't suck huge amps.
Oldmachinist, Bobcatdan; Thanks so much for the great advice....This forum is great....a big help to us newbies.... will track down the 17XX wire and hook up. Cheers, bob

OldMachinist

Oldmachinist, Bobcatdan; Thanks so much for the great advice....This forum is great....a big help to us newbies.... will track down the 17XX wire and hook up. Cheers, bob
What I meant by 17xx is any of the wires that start with 17 it could be 1710, 1720, 1730 etc etc.

jmgrad

Does this same information also apply for a 2014 T590 skid steer? I am just now digging into the wing. Thank you, Jon