NEED HELP ON THIS REPAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

raffyo

Hey, I have posted previous threads on this i have found out what the problem was why my 864 bobcat wouldnt start i checked the push rods all eight of them were bent in the s shape. i am pretty certin that its the TIMMING BELT On the Duetz Engine.This is were your guys knowlege comes in hand How do i reset and install the timming belt does anyone have a link or sumthing that give detailed instructions on how to replace the timming chain Thanks alot for previous responses hopefully you can help me out with this one thanks RAFFYO

Tazza

Staff member
I have never worked on one of these engines. Have you called your dealer? talk to the service section, generally they are brilliant with information, they can tell you exactly what to do to get your timing rite. Its only a phone call, you have nothing to loose.

scar99

The only thing I have seen bend the push rods is the timng belt breaking or the teeth riping off of it. There are a few special tools needed to do this repair. There is a 5 sided tamper proof torx bit to remove the belt cover. As far as I know it is not available anyone except the dealer. There are 2 pins needed to lock the cam and crank into place. There is a wrench that fits over the jam nut on the cam and belt tensioner. I think your best bet would be to bring it to the dealer.

skidsteer.ca

The only thing I have seen bend the push rods is the timng belt breaking or the teeth riping off of it. There are a few special tools needed to do this repair. There is a 5 sided tamper proof torx bit to remove the belt cover. As far as I know it is not available anyone except the dealer. There are 2 pins needed to lock the cam and crank into place. There is a wrench that fits over the jam nut on the cam and belt tensioner. I think your best bet would be to bring it to the dealer.
Unfortunately the deutz was only used in the 863 and 864 T200 (I think) models, and most of us are not well versed in them. Some special tools are needed. These motors are know for bending pushrod during timing belt failures, there could be bent valves too from what I'm told.
All good resons to add changing the belt to your preventative maint list at xxx hours in the future.
Good luck
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Unfortunately the deutz was only used in the 863 and 864 T200 (I think) models, and most of us are not well versed in them. Some special tools are needed. These motors are know for bending pushrod during timing belt failures, there could be bent valves too from what I'm told.
All good resons to add changing the belt to your preventative maint list at xxx hours in the future.
Good luck
Ken
The good thing with diesels s the valves are inline with the pistons so if a piston was to hit a valve and the push rod bends the valve should not bend as its pushed straight up. The engine was designed to let the push rods go first to try and save the valves and top of the pistons. With direct injection engines this is a different story as the top of the piston is not flat.

wrenchin80

The good thing with diesels s the valves are inline with the pistons so if a piston was to hit a valve and the push rod bends the valve should not bend as its pushed straight up. The engine was designed to let the push rods go first to try and save the valves and top of the pistons. With direct injection engines this is a different story as the top of the piston is not flat.
Yep, the timing belt most likely has the teeth stripped off around the crank gear. There are specialty tools needed to do this job. The five sided tamper proof bit can be had from Matco, but unless you plan on doing this repair alot, the cost of the pins, wrench and especially the tensioner (at around $500+) you would be better off having the dealer do it. Another little bit of info, the Deutz engines came in the 863, 864(T200), 873, and 883 loaders, and a newer version is in the 442 excavator.

Land-Tech

Yep, the timing belt most likely has the teeth stripped off around the crank gear. There are specialty tools needed to do this job. The five sided tamper proof bit can be had from Matco, but unless you plan on doing this repair alot, the cost of the pins, wrench and especially the tensioner (at around $500+) you would be better off having the dealer do it. Another little bit of info, the Deutz engines came in the 863, 864(T200), 873, and 883 loaders, and a newer version is in the 442 excavator.
I changed mine for less than $300 including manual. rent the belt tensioner.Everyday that the us dollar gets weaker the parts will be more expensive. Forget going to the machine dealer, goto a duetz dealer and I"m sure they have everything on the shelf . It's too late for this guy but I have a brochure that gives great directions I can e-mail.
There is a thread in the gehl section that showws a pic or two.Its really not a big deall to change once know what to look for and you can find the speical bit for that one bolt.I borrowed one from a Gehl mech.
The belt will almost always break, you can't screw up the teeth on the pulleys.This problem has almost gotten to myth proportions. Scott

Bryan W

I changed mine for less than $300 including manual. rent the belt tensioner.Everyday that the us dollar gets weaker the parts will be more expensive. Forget going to the machine dealer, goto a duetz dealer and I"m sure they have everything on the shelf . It's too late for this guy but I have a brochure that gives great directions I can e-mail.
There is a thread in the gehl section that showws a pic or two.Its really not a big deall to change once know what to look for and you can find the speical bit for that one bolt.I borrowed one from a Gehl mech.
The belt will almost always break, you can't screw up the teeth on the pulleys.This problem has almost gotten to myth proportions. Scott
Hey Land-Tech could you please email the brochue for timing belt replacement to me. This would be alot of help Thanks in advance Bryan. [email protected]