Need Help on Bradco 408 BackHoe Mounting to T190

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DGM

I havea a bradco 408 that I purchased in a package deal and the mounting plate on it is for a New Holland, the mounting plate has these lacthing arms that attach to an additional plate that you have to mount onto the machine, the 2 plates that I need from bradco are $1500, I would like to be able to use this the problem is I may use it once a yr. I'm thinking there has to be a way I can do something to be able to moun this onto the T190 by either modifying the exsiting plate are build a new one. Has anyone messed with these bradco back hoes for a T190. If so please help!

Tazza

Staff member
I want to build something like that too, i need mounting brackets for an S150, i have ones for my 743, but naturally they won't work.
Surely you can fabricate something to mount to the hoe?

coreya3212

I want to build something like that too, i need mounting brackets for an S150, i have ones for my 743, but naturally they won't work.
Surely you can fabricate something to mount to the hoe?
I just finished fabbing a plate for a hoe meant to be mounted on a tractors rear end. I just put a standard bobtach plate on it and added a plate with a hole in it back off the bobtach plate and welded a matching one off thearms of the loader with a matching hole ot drop a pin through to limit the give of the bobtach flexing. Seems to work ok for limited use. Would something like that work for you guys or am I missing something on the 408 setup??

Tazza

Staff member
I just finished fabbing a plate for a hoe meant to be mounted on a tractors rear end. I just put a standard bobtach plate on it and added a plate with a hole in it back off the bobtach plate and welded a matching one off thearms of the loader with a matching hole ot drop a pin through to limit the give of the bobtach flexing. Seems to work ok for limited use. Would something like that work for you guys or am I missing something on the 408 setup??
I can't see why it wouldn't work, the bigguest problem is finding a mounting point on the machine frame. The older machines had 4 holes made for this purpose. The S or T series did not have this, I'm sure there is a way, it just needs time spending to think of how to do it :) I just wish it was as easy as my 743, trailer balls.

coreya3212

I can't see why it wouldn't work, the bigguest problem is finding a mounting point on the machine frame. The older machines had 4 holes made for this purpose. The S or T series did not have this, I'm sure there is a way, it just needs time spending to think of how to do it :) I just wish it was as easy as my 743, trailer balls.
ahhh. I see what you guys are saying. Lucky for me I made my mounting point simply by putting a piece of steel on my lift arms where they dont interfere with any travel or other attachments and welded it there. I guess that is the joy of having an old beater of a machine. I can see if I had a newer machine, or had put a ton of cash into rebuilding one to a hi standard, one may not want to just blast a chunk of iron where ever he wanted.

OP
OP
D

DGM

ahhh. I see what you guys are saying. Lucky for me I made my mounting point simply by putting a piece of steel on my lift arms where they dont interfere with any travel or other attachments and welded it there. I guess that is the joy of having an old beater of a machine. I can see if I had a newer machine, or had put a ton of cash into rebuilding one to a hi standard, one may not want to just blast a chunk of iron where ever he wanted.
Bradco 408 for Skid Steer In the pic you can see the arms that reach backwards those are too long for my T190, I'm assuming those arms serve to releive the pressure on the bobtach hydralics & pivot point.. I'm thinking of cutting those off and adapt it to fit to the T190 someway, just sorta wing it as I go and make something work.

skidsteer.ca

In the pic you can see the arms that reach backwards those are too long for my T190, I'm assuming those arms serve to releive the pressure on the bobtach hydralics & pivot point.. I'm thinking of cutting those off and adapt it to fit to the T190 someway, just sorta wing it as I go and make something work.
I would start by removing those arms on the hoe and getting the hoe to fit the quick attach. The factoruy Bobcat system is designed to hold the hoe steady and up a bit from the ground for proper clearance below the hoe. (the loaders boom can't be lowered fully with the hoe mounted)
From there it may be worth while to get a set of hoe brackets for the t180 and make the hoe fit those. Or at least look at how those brackets fit the machine. I converted a older 909 trailer ball style bobcat hoe to fit the new mounts. It used a pin welded in on each side that prevent the hoe from going forward and a second pin you put in on each side to lock it to the mount instead of the fancy locking levers Bobcat uses.
Ken

shadwarr1

I would start by removing those arms on the hoe and getting the hoe to fit the quick attach. The factoruy Bobcat system is designed to hold the hoe steady and up a bit from the ground for proper clearance below the hoe. (the loaders boom can't be lowered fully with the hoe mounted)
From there it may be worth while to get a set of hoe brackets for the t180 and make the hoe fit those. Or at least look at how those brackets fit the machine. I converted a older 909 trailer ball style bobcat hoe to fit the new mounts. It used a pin welded in on each side that prevent the hoe from going forward and a second pin you put in on each side to lock it to the mount instead of the fancy locking levers Bobcat uses.
Ken
Ken, do you have any pics of that 909 setup? I have an older john deere backhoe with the trailer ball mounts, but my 763G has the hook style brackets and I've been trying to figure out how to "adapt" the backhoe to those brackets. Your method sounds perfect. I just have a hard time seeing it. I'm a visual person. Zak

bobbie-g

Ken, do you have any pics of that 909 setup? I have an older john deere backhoe with the trailer ball mounts, but my 763G has the hook style brackets and I've been trying to figure out how to "adapt" the backhoe to those brackets. Your method sounds perfect. I just have a hard time seeing it. I'm a visual person. Zak
I have an old old backhoe that I had completely refurbished. No idea what brand or age (spent way too much on it). It had no stabilizing arms on it at all. So we welded on a Bobtach mounting plate, which worked just fine, but it still needed the arms to help stabilize the upper part of the hoe. I had seen the 909 style arms that fit the trailer balls, but didn't like the way the arms were fixed and rigid (hard to hook up to the Bobcat). My 751 Bobcat also had the trailer ball mounts for a 909. So we made some arms for the hoe out of 2" x 2" x 1/4" tubing and welded a trailer hitch on one end. The other end of the arm is attached to the hoe via a bolt through a horizontal hole in the arm. This allows the arm to swing down over the ball when hooking up. One on each side. Slick. More to the point, my T180 has no mounts at all. I plan to mount trailer balls on it, just inside of the ROPS cage. I'll put them as close as I can to the cage to keep them out of the way. The T180 has a lot of metal at that point and I believe it will be beefy enough to support the balls. Then I'll probably have to modify the hoe a bit to make the arms line up with the balls, but that should do it. Haven't done this yet on the T180, but love the way it hooks up to the 751. :) ----RC

skidsteer.ca

I have an old old backhoe that I had completely refurbished. No idea what brand or age (spent way too much on it). It had no stabilizing arms on it at all. So we welded on a Bobtach mounting plate, which worked just fine, but it still needed the arms to help stabilize the upper part of the hoe. I had seen the 909 style arms that fit the trailer balls, but didn't like the way the arms were fixed and rigid (hard to hook up to the Bobcat). My 751 Bobcat also had the trailer ball mounts for a 909. So we made some arms for the hoe out of 2" x 2" x 1/4" tubing and welded a trailer hitch on one end. The other end of the arm is attached to the hoe via a bolt through a horizontal hole in the arm. This allows the arm to swing down over the ball when hooking up. One on each side. Slick. More to the point, my T180 has no mounts at all. I plan to mount trailer balls on it, just inside of the ROPS cage. I'll put them as close as I can to the cage to keep them out of the way. The T180 has a lot of metal at that point and I believe it will be beefy enough to support the balls. Then I'll probably have to modify the hoe a bit to make the arms line up with the balls, but that should do it. Haven't done this yet on the T180, but love the way it hooks up to the 751. :) ----RC
Zak
The only thing I should have don different was to make the arm on the hoe strong enought to hold the loadr boom up for better clearance beneath the hoe. Which is how the newer 709 hoes are and why the hooks on the loader are so stout.
Notice the bump to the rear of the removable pin, there is a cross pin there welded in place. You lower the hoe over the hook and let it come forward, then install the second pin to prevent it from going back.
IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg picture by beyondupnorth

IMG_0659.jpg

Ken

shadwarr1

Zak
The only thing I should have don different was to make the arm on the hoe strong enought to hold the loadr boom up for better clearance beneath the hoe. Which is how the newer 709 hoes are and why the hooks on the loader are so stout.
Notice the bump to the rear of the removable pin, there is a cross pin there welded in place. You lower the hoe over the hook and let it come forward, then install the second pin to prevent it from going back.

Ken
Ken, thanks for the pictures! Thats pretty much what I pictured in my mind. I see what you mean by making the the arms stronger. I'll probably put some gussets in which I'd imagine should help. Zak

BuzzardOne

I havea a bradco 408 that I purchased in a package deal and the mounting plate on it is for a New Holland, the mounting plate has these lacthing arms that attach to an additional plate that you have to mount onto the machine, the 2 plates that I need from bradco are $1500, I would like to be able to use this the problem is I may use it once a yr. I'm thinking there has to be a way I can do something to be able to moun this onto the T190 by either modifying the exsiting plate are build a new one. Has anyone messed with these bradco back hoes for a T190. If so please help!
Do you still have the New Holland plates? Would you sell them? I'm in Ohio. greenfitz at gmail