Need Help Mustang 2076, The battery

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DIRTYDAWG69

Hi, I have a Mustand 2076 that the battery keeps going dead, It started about the time that I took the door off? would that drain the battery? I had to unplug the windsheild wiper plug,If it aint the door would anybody have any ideas on what else it could be? The batter charges up fine with the charger on it. Thanks for your time. Todd

Rookie

Will the alternator on the engine charge the battery? Put a meter on the battery with the engine running slightly over 1,000 r/m. Should be reading a nominal 14 volts.

jwfarm

Will the alternator on the engine charge the battery? Put a meter on the battery with the engine running slightly over 1,000 r/m. Should be reading a nominal 14 volts.
I don't think there should be any draw from the door being unhooked. We just had an issue with the auxilary hydraulic lockout shorting and tripping a breaker. Took a while to figure out, but it is easy to fix. Like Rookie said check charge and if you can, test battery with a load tester. We had to replace battery on our 76 when it had about 3000 hrs. on it, 3 1/2 years old. One other thing you can do to check if there is a draw is to unhook battery when you shut down for over night and see if battery holds until you start up again. Good luck.

Latest posts