Mystery lever on my M371

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
C

chesterspal

Sounds like the way the guy in the video does it.

I'll have to rig something up like that.

Thanks

Chris 8603

Yes sir!! He said normally he didn't use it except to change speed, but he locked it off if he had to jump it off by himself or pull start it. That way he didn't have to worry about hitting a pedal or lever getting in with it running.

I went back and blowed the video up too to see what he was doing. Got to love youtube!!!

OP
OP
C

chesterspal

Stopped by the Bobcat dealer, here in Connecticut, this morning.

Couldn't really get much help since the service guys there are younger (than the machine …and me 🙂) and don't see this machine hardly at all.

I have a hunch the belt going to the hydraulic pump may not be correct. In other words, it may be longer than it should be.

If that's the case, somebody may have moved the engine back further than normal to accommodate that belt and that's why the proper 60" drive belt is now way too tight.

I'll check it when I get home, but if that's the case I may just leave it alone I just buy a 62" belt for the drive and be done with it.

Should not make any difference at this point.

Chris 8603

No a belt is a belt. Just buy a good heavy belt not a advance fan belt (rubber band) lol!!
Get you a lawn and garden belt

Plow Jockey

I can't help you there, I never ran it. All I know he would use it to disengage the belt when he started it or got off when it was running and it stayed off when he did. I will ask him if he knows the belt size by any chance and post if he does
The tensioner is only there to loosen the belt so you can easily move the belt between the high speed pulley and low speed pulley. Neat and simple setup. That is it.