My headlights and heater won't Come on,on my 2011 318D Johndeere skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BigJohn

Has anyone had a problem like this before on there skidsteer. I checked all the fuses and wiring. Everything seem to be ok. This happened to me a few months ago and the only thing that I did was recharge the battery the next day and everything worked. Not this time. Machine runs great, all the other lights work great except my headlights and heater. Does anyone have an idea?

Tazza

Staff member
I'd check the fuses and relays. They can and do go bad, also the fittings the fuses and relays plug in to can corrode causing issues.

OP
OP
B

BigJohn

I'd check the fuses and relays. They can and do go bad, also the fittings the fuses and relays plug in to can corrode causing issues.
I've checked all the fuses and they're good. I just got to figure out how to check a five pole relay. There's four relay to the heater blower. I just don't understand why my lights won't work either unless there tied into the same power system. I'll keep plugging at it, thanks Tazz

Dirty Dog

I've checked all the fuses and they're good. I just got to figure out how to check a five pole relay. There's four relay to the heater blower. I just don't understand why my lights won't work either unless there tied into the same power system. I'll keep plugging at it, thanks Tazz
Just a thought, check the ground to these items. A bad ground will drive you crazy on DC systems. Work one day not the next.

OP
OP
B

BigJohn

Just a thought, check the ground to these items. A bad ground will drive you crazy on DC systems. Work one day not the next.
I thought for sure it may be a grounding problem because this happened before similar. But I ran an external ground and nothing happened. I went on youtube and found out how to check relays. There are four relays to the heater but all are good. I decided to take of the main fuse panel and there are four relays in there. And low and behold there was one relay that didn't make contact under power. I used that relay just to make sure it didn't work into another location because they're three relays the same behind the fuse panel. I turned the ignition key, Lights came on and heater blower came on. That faulty relay I had put in the Start mode and the machine wouldn't start. So I have to buy a Relay tomorrow. Thanks so much for your Input and Tazza, Bigjohn

Latest posts