My 863 Is Lemon Flavored, But Is Getting A Little Less Bitter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mcharley

I have posted a couple of times with fantastic replies. This is a great place!!! The 863 I have is two years old w/just a 1000 hrs on the clock,It has been a pain from the day it was delivered. It has been doing good the last couple of months now. I have three (3) little issues now and hopefully you guys can get me on the right path. #1) The parking brake stopped working altogether,No click from the solinoid or anything all fuses & releys checked out good. I replaced all of them anyway with new. #2) The Back alarm has also stopped working, That also checked out when it came to fuses. #3) What kind of fuel consumption are others getting with the 863. I run the machine 80% of the time at 1/2 throttle the other 20% of the time it runs at 3/4 throttle. I damn near use a full tank in eight (8) hours. Is this common consumption?? Just wondering on this one. My last machine was a 843 w/Isusu and I think it was about 45hp the Duetz is around 70-72hp. The 843 would run forever on a full tank. Thanks in advance, Regards, Mcharley

skidsteer.ca

The parking brake does not release??? There are 3 wires coming to it? (if its like my 773) one is a ground, one gets power all the time the seat bar is done and the green (press to operate) button is engaged (4 small orange lites on left dash panel lit) the 3rd wire get power for about one second when you push the green button. The constant power holds the brake solinoid in relaease. The 1 second shot of power is there to give the solinoid extra energy to pull the plunger up and then is removed to prevent the solinoid from burning out. (once the plunger is bottomed inside the solinoid it know longer needs all the energy just to hold it. If your 4 dash lite are on in the operate mode, and you have power coming to the soilinoid in the fashion I described, then you likely need a new solinoid. (they are known to fail) Back up alarm. Has ground and needs power at the tail gate. Put power to it, it should sound. Usually the problem is in the adjustment of the the two microswitched that are activated by the steering levers under the seat.(near the front, where the flat bars attac to each steering lever, just under the flat bars) (again if it is like the 553 753 or 773, have not seen an 863) For the alarm to sound, both switches, one on each steer lever must be closed (on). They are in series (one switch get power (when you reverse one steering lever) then if you reverse the second lever, the power contiues on through the second switch and sounds the alarm. Likely the alarm itself is fine. Usually the the bushings for the steering levers wear ( they get sloppy side to side (not much like a 1/10", you do grease your steering levers?) and the levers on the microswitch (not the steering levers) do not contact the striker plates (attached to each steering lever) when they should, or the striker plate jams against the microswitch lever and breaks or bends it out of shape. With 1000 hrs on your machine the bushings should be ok yet. Hopefully you just need to adjust you microswitches, Test for + power going into switch 1 then hold switch 1 closed, check for power into #2, then hold both closed and test for power out of #2. Key and press to operate may have to be engage to find power at going into #1 switch in the first place. As for the fuel not sure, No leaks?? Tanks takes the proper volume of fuel to take it from E to F? I ask because the fuel guage sender went huey on my 93 753 @ 2800 hrs and it read empty when it still had 1/2 a tank of fuel. Has you 863 always used a tank in 8 hours or so? Regards Ken

skidsteer.ca

The parking brake does not release??? There are 3 wires coming to it? (if its like my 773) one is a ground, one gets power all the time the seat bar is done and the green (press to operate) button is engaged (4 small orange lites on left dash panel lit) the 3rd wire get power for about one second when you push the green button. The constant power holds the brake solinoid in relaease. The 1 second shot of power is there to give the solinoid extra energy to pull the plunger up and then is removed to prevent the solinoid from burning out. (once the plunger is bottomed inside the solinoid it know longer needs all the energy just to hold it. If your 4 dash lite are on in the operate mode, and you have power coming to the soilinoid in the fashion I described, then you likely need a new solinoid. (they are known to fail) Back up alarm. Has ground and needs power at the tail gate. Put power to it, it should sound. Usually the problem is in the adjustment of the the two microswitched that are activated by the steering levers under the seat.(near the front, where the flat bars attac to each steering lever, just under the flat bars) (again if it is like the 553 753 or 773, have not seen an 863) For the alarm to sound, both switches, one on each steer lever must be closed (on). They are in series (one switch get power (when you reverse one steering lever) then if you reverse the second lever, the power contiues on through the second switch and sounds the alarm. Likely the alarm itself is fine. Usually the the bushings for the steering levers wear ( they get sloppy side to side (not much like a 1/10", you do grease your steering levers?) and the levers on the microswitch (not the steering levers) do not contact the striker plates (attached to each steering lever) when they should, or the striker plate jams against the microswitch lever and breaks or bends it out of shape. With 1000 hrs on your machine the bushings should be ok yet. Hopefully you just need to adjust you microswitches, Test for + power going into switch 1 then hold switch 1 closed, check for power into #2, then hold both closed and test for power out of #2. Key and press to operate may have to be engage to find power at going into #1 switch in the first place. As for the fuel not sure, No leaks?? Tanks takes the proper volume of fuel to take it from E to F? I ask because the fuel guage sender went huey on my 93 753 @ 2800 hrs and it read empty when it still had 1/2 a tank of fuel. Has you 863 always used a tank in 8 hours or so? Regards Ken
last post should read "power when seat bar is DOWN, not done

excel

First thing I do is disarm the back-up alarm and the brake. Life is good then.

Latest posts