Mustang 2070 intermittent starting issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nitro3421

I had a weak battery and starting was slow, so i replaced the battery and all was good. About a week later, i go to turn the key and hear a click but no starting at all. I wait a few seconds and try again and it starts right up. Worked fine for a few days after that. Then a few days ago, i go to turn the key and nothing but a click at each turn - no starting. I tried for a few minutes with no luck. The engine oil was a bit low so i topped it off and then it started right up. Not sure if this was a coincidence or if there's a low oil shutoff type feature? Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated. I can't have intermittent starting issues and risk getting stuck somewhere...

Tazza

Staff member
I'm wondering if the issue could be a bad starter or starter relay?

Firefighter

Relay is located in the engine compartment with circuit breaker, there are 2 in the same box one is for preheat one for start
they can be switched, it also has 2 neutral start switches on the hydro could possibly be one of them

chetmo

Ok, have 12 volts in and out of relays. It beeped a couple times but no click or attempt to start?

cdmccul

Lose battery cable, or a bad crimp between the cable and the end. Or, corrosion?

Intermittent issues are always fun to diagnose!

Latest posts