Mustang 2050 Driver Side tires won't move...HELP!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HAWLEYWOOD

I'm no expert, so anything helps. I've got a Mustang 2050 skid Steer and I can't get the drivers side tires to move. The Passenger side moves just fine...It has been out in the cold ( 0-20 degrees) for the last two weeks. It's like it tries to move, just won't budge. If I push really hard on the controls either forward or backwards it dies....As I said, anything will help...I am going to try to cover it somehow and heat up the machine, but this could take awhile. Thanks, HAWLEYWOOD

skidsteer.ca

Has not moved since temps dipped below freezing? Would make me think water contamination in the final drive (chain case) oil
If you lift the bad side can you move either of the tires a bit, until the chains tighten up. Tread of the tire should move a inch or so. If its locked solid couldbe a failed wheel bearing.
Did this problem occure while parked or while in use.
Ken

Bonehead

Has not moved since temps dipped below freezing? Would make me think water contamination in the final drive (chain case) oil
If you lift the bad side can you move either of the tires a bit, until the chains tighten up. Tread of the tire should move a inch or so. If its locked solid couldbe a failed wheel bearing.
Ken
On my 2040 I had the brake cylinder go bad, and the parking brakes would not release. Normally the hydro pressure charges the cylinder and releases the brake when you fire it up.

OP
OP
H

HAWLEYWOOD

Ken
Thank You for your response, -No, has not moved since freezing temps..had a full week or so near zero, hasn't been above freezing in about 3 weeks. -I will try to see if I can lift the bad side and see if they move a little bit. -As far as I know the problem occurred while parked...worked fine when it was parked. -Last used like a month ago. -Is the drive chain area accessable between the wheels by removing a panel that is about a foot wide by a foot tall or so on the side of the machine? -If it is water contamination, how would I rectify the problem?? -If I lift it and get the tires to move that inch but that's all, would that indicate the water contamination? Again, thank you for your time and assistance Ken, Sincerely, T.J.

OP
OP
H

HAWLEYWOOD

Ken
P.S. I had it running for over an hour today and also added heat to the hydraulic hose area in the back by the engine, but it didn't seem to do anything.... -Also...When it was last ran and shortly after, it was raining a lot.. and it was outside uncovered...would this play any factor in that one side not moving?? Thanks, T.J.

Bonehead

P.S. I had it running for over an hour today and also added heat to the hydraulic hose area in the back by the engine, but it didn't seem to do anything.... -Also...When it was last ran and shortly after, it was raining a lot.. and it was outside uncovered...would this play any factor in that one side not moving?? Thanks, T.J.
Acess is behind the panel between the tires. That is also where the parking brake cylinder is. If it is the brake, you should hear/feel a loud click on the effected side when you try to go back and forth.

OP
OP
H

HAWLEYWOOD

Acess is behind the panel between the tires. That is also where the parking brake cylinder is. If it is the brake, you should hear/feel a loud click on the effected side when you try to go back and forth.
Thanks for your info! I'm going to open that thing up and see what I find. It does make a loud clicking sound from the side that doesn't move when I try to operate the drivers side. I'll let you know what happens!

Joe 396

Thanks for your info! I'm going to open that thing up and see what I find. It does make a loud clicking sound from the side that doesn't move when I try to operate the drivers side. I'll let you know what happens!
So what ever happened? It just got cold here and mine did the same thing, but on the right side. I know it's in the brake because the wheels move a little and I can hear the chain slap. What's next?

Latest posts