mustang 2050 drive motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

udderdelightfarm

I have a Mustang 2050. The right side drive motor started leaking so I went and pulled it apart and am trying to get it back together but the last plate that has the hydraulic hoses on it will not pull tight closest together I have gotten it, it still has a 1/4 inch gap. Any ideas why this thing will not pull back together?? Thanks for yalls help I really need to get this thing running again

Tazza

Staff member
Something won't be right. Are you sure all the locating pins are seated correctly?
I have never opened one for you rmachine, but i have done a few others. They are pretty simple as long as the lins and gears line up. Has to be something simple.

OP
OP
U

udderdelightfarm

Something won't be right. Are you sure all the locating pins are seated correctly?
I have never opened one for you rmachine, but i have done a few others. They are pretty simple as long as the lins and gears line up. Has to be something simple.
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure everything is lined up. I never pulled it all the way apart. Just enough to see where the leak was coming from so I didn't think anything would have come out off line....

Tazza

Staff member
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure everything is lined up. I never pulled it all the way apart. Just enough to see where the leak was coming from so I didn't think anything would have come out off line....
If it's like other motors i have fiddled with, there are parts that use springs to hold them in place, it's just possible, something has to be out to be holding it open on you.

K9

I have a model 2040 that is supposed to be like yours except mine has less horse power. Actually, mine has zero HP because I cannot get it to run. Never have had it running. i rescued it from a field when a guy bought some property it was on. I would like to ask you some questions about yours if you would not mind since you have a similar machine. thank you Ken

Latest posts