MTL16 Intermitten safety drop out.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jcarr

the safety valve that is controled by the lapbar drops out and i loose control of all functions. in trying to diag this problem i've jumpered the lapbar switch and it still drops out everynow and then. when it does sometimes you can turn the machine off and it will start working and sometimes it will not work for a couple of hours or even days. I feel like this problem is in a wiring harness somewhere but i do not have a service manual or electrical schematic. my idea is to build a new custom wiring harness to run from the lapbar to the hydraulic valve solnoid. problem is i'm not sure which valve is the proper valve to wire into. if i lift the cab and look in the center of the machine above the engine/hydrostat pump there is a valve that feeds the pilot control main valve body and tee's off to feed the aux. hyd. connections. is this the valve i have dropping out on me? i can build a new safety circuit to keep the lapbar working as a safety feature but do not have the componet locations i need to connect into. this is really starting to cost me money in loss of work so i need to get it fixed. have checked fuses all are good, but yet i have an electrical issue. when the problem occurs there is no power to the lapbar switch and the fuses are all good. any ideas? thanks

skidsteer.ca

You need to get your hands aon a manual for the Mustang, Gehl or Takiuchi model of your loader to see how the circuits is suposed to work. It is pretty hard to figure it going in blind.
I guess you could try putting power to the safety switch to see if thats a temp fix.
Try ebay and tradebit.com for manuals, remeber they are marketed under all three brands.
Ken

Latest posts