Most requested piece of equipment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

500K_773

In our small to medium sized excavating company, our D4H dozer and 580D backhoe loader were the most requested pieces of machinery needed on a jobsite. That was until we bought our first skidsteer loader, a Bobcat 753. This machine quickly became the most popular machine on every jobsite because it saved so much labor.
Before this purchase, we used to backfill and level utilidor trenches with the backhoe loader or an excavator, then run a plate compactor or walk-behind roller down them for compaction. When we used the 753 on a utilidor job, we were able to drive the skidsteer easily in the trench for leveling, then attach the vibratory roller for compaction. This saved time on leveling and took fewer passes (since the vibratory roller was wider and hit harder than the plate or walk-behind rollers) to compact .
On a large underground fuel tank facility, we actually hoisted the Bobcat with our excavator and lowered it into the excavation. Then it was used for backfilling, leveling, and compaction. If we did not have the Bobcat on this job, we would have had to excavate a large area for a access ramp.
For finishing up the job, we utilized the Landscape Rake attachment to level, till, and remove any rocks or sticks from the area before hydro-seeding. This saved countless hours of raking by hand.
There is always a place (and a high demand) for a Bobcat skidsteer and the labor saving attachments available on all of my jobs today.

864wood

I belive there is a 12 step program for recovering bobcat owners. Just kidding. Once you purchase a machine most dealers are all too happy to keep on selling attachments. I belive they can generally make more money on you in the long haul because they are so damn versitile and there is such a wide variety of attachments. So far I have 84"combo, 80" heavy duty construction bucket, pallet forks and the bobtach backhoe. I might also add that I can't live with out them! I also originally purchsed my machine out of the rental fleet and one of the motivating factors to my purchase is that if I returned the machine to rent later, it would not be avalible due to its high rental demand. The also sweetned the deal for me and I couldn't help myself. I might still need therapy.

skidsteer.ca

I belive there is a 12 step program for recovering bobcat owners. Just kidding. Once you purchase a machine most dealers are all too happy to keep on selling attachments. I belive they can generally make more money on you in the long haul because they are so damn versitile and there is such a wide variety of attachments. So far I have 84"combo, 80" heavy duty construction bucket, pallet forks and the bobtach backhoe. I might also add that I can't live with out them! I also originally purchsed my machine out of the rental fleet and one of the motivating factors to my purchase is that if I returned the machine to rent later, it would not be avalible due to its high rental demand. The also sweetned the deal for me and I couldn't help myself. I might still need therapy.
By far the most requested rental piece is the backhoe on the loader. Probably 40% of the rentals or jobs I go to with the loader, someone wants a water, power, woodstove trench, stumps removed etc. Mostly homeowners and small housing contractors. Ken

Latest posts