More traction for my Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DRIFT-O-MATIC

I just purchased a used Bobcat 753 loader. I plan on using it to facilitate building my home in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Once I compete my project (which may take a year or more), I plan to sell the loader (or, who knows, maybe I'll love it so much that I'll want to keep it and try to make a living with it ). I've been practicing with it, and am finding that it wants to almost get stuck in this darn sugar sand. I know, once I get started on construction, I'm going to have problems getting stuck. I've been reading some of the posts on this way cool board, and have gotten some good ideas. However, I'm still undecided as to which way to go...tracks (so expensive!), or floatation tires (not as expensive as tracks...but will they be as affective?). I hate to go the cheaper route, and have it still not work as good as a set of tracks would. What a dilemma. Then, I had an idea. Is there a way that an extra wheel and tire can be mounted in tandem with the existing ones? This would give me a lot more surface area for traction than buying large floatation tires and rims and spacers, etc. I would then also have a set of spares, when I go back to the standard configuration. I don't know. I'm new to this heavy equipment world, so this may be a really stupid idea. Anyway, I'd appreciate y'all's input on the matter.

OP
OP
D

DRIFT-O-MATIC

I'm afraid I may have used the wrong terminology for the mounting of an extra tire/wheel. Instead of "tandem", I believe it may be correctly called "in line" mounted. Please, excuse this newbie.

sterlclan

I'm afraid I may have used the wrong terminology for the mounting of an extra tire/wheel. Instead of "tandem", I believe it may be correctly called "in line" mounted. Please, excuse this newbie.
I dont know about dual wheels but I would think they would make it hard to turn you could try lowering the air pressure in the tires that may help. Good luck Jeff

Latest posts