Mist blower for brush spraying?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mustang Gregg

I want to adapt a tractor tree-point attached mistblower to my Mustang MTL-16. Any ideas on making the mount (easy part)? My biggest concern is how to run the blower aiming (which is a hydraulic cylinder) when I need to use the auxillary hydraulic ports to run the hydraulic motor that runs the pump & blower. I reckon I need 2 auxillary sets of ports maybe. Thanks, Gregg

Tazza

Staff member
For that you would need to aux hydraulic lines if you wanted to move and spray at the same time. I have seen them split before with a 12v solenoid but that was for running 2 seperate devices at different times. Your problem will be that you can't spray and move the nozzle at the same time. You could point then spray, but not at the same time.
On the one i saw, he had it setup with a toggle switch on his right hand steering lever, it was quite clever. It was used to control his tilt tach and 4 in 1 bucket.

Luthor

For that you would need to aux hydraulic lines if you wanted to move and spray at the same time. I have seen them split before with a 12v solenoid but that was for running 2 seperate devices at different times. Your problem will be that you can't spray and move the nozzle at the same time. You could point then spray, but not at the same time.
On the one i saw, he had it setup with a toggle switch on his right hand steering lever, it was quite clever. It was used to control his tilt tach and 4 in 1 bucket.
I am not familiar with Mustangs but if it has rear auxiliary hydraulics (as on bobcats) you may be able to use them.

OP
OP
M

Mustang Gregg

I am not familiar with Mustangs but if it has rear auxiliary hydraulics (as on bobcats) you may be able to use them.
No rear aux hydraulics on the Mustang that I can see. I was pondering a selector valve to move the nozzle direction while still running thehydraulic/PTO pump. But I didn't know if that would work. I may end up taking the cylinder off & putting a lever-bellcrank deal on it to move the nozzle direction.