Mac users

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

owensge

Geoff……..hope things are going better in your life. Haven't heard anything recently on the software update……wondering where that stands.
I'm actually getting an estimate from an outside vendor regarding the site upgrade and will keep you posted. Thanks

OP
OP
6brnorma

6brnorma

I'm actually getting an estimate from an outside vendor regarding the site upgrade and will keep you posted. Thanks
Thanks for the response Geoff. Hope you're feeling a little better. Let me know on costs, I might be able to help a little with that.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the response Geoff. Hope you're feeling a little better. Let me know on costs, I might be able to help a little with that.
I was thinking the same, we could run something to help with getting a few extra pennies to help pay for it.

jerry

I was thinking the same, we could run something to help with getting a few extra pennies to help pay for it.
With over 8000 users I think you are onto something there Tazza, if even half would put in 5 bucks it would be 20000.

OP
OP
6brnorma

6brnorma

It would be funny to see Tazza with zero posts :)
On a more serious note…….I am on a "Dog Training" forum that made a switch several years ago……we lost ever post made prior to the switch……That was a lot of very valuable knowledge lost. Hope this can be done in a little more seamless fashion.

jerry

On a more serious note…….I am on a "Dog Training" forum that made a switch several years ago……we lost ever post made prior to the switch……That was a lot of very valuable knowledge lost. Hope this can be done in a little more seamless fashion.
Some forums also are so loaded down with complicated ads that they take forever to load from page to page unless you are logged in. This one is nice in that you can come and look see if there is anything new / interesting and do it in just a few minutes. If a funding drive would help keep it that way would be good.

owensge

Some forums also are so loaded down with complicated ads that they take forever to load from page to page unless you are logged in. This one is nice in that you can come and look see if there is anything new / interesting and do it in just a few minutes. If a funding drive would help keep it that way would be good.
We will keep all of our existing data in the upgraded site version so not to worry. I am putting up a separate section for the site upgrade to spell out what the initial upgrade will look like. I will also ask for input regarding feature requests for future enhancements. Additionally, there will be a link to the Donate page for anyone who wants to contribute to the effort. As always, thanks for your participation and support of the forum! Geoff

OP
OP
6brnorma

6brnorma

We will keep all of our existing data in the upgraded site version so not to worry. I am putting up a separate section for the site upgrade to spell out what the initial upgrade will look like. I will also ask for input regarding feature requests for future enhancements. Additionally, there will be a link to the Donate page for anyone who wants to contribute to the effort. As always, thanks for your participation and support of the forum! Geoff
Fantastic……..I'm thinking a fair donation would be .50 per current post…….what do you think Tazza? :) …………. (that IS in USD) :)

Tazza

Staff member
Fantastic……..I'm thinking a fair donation would be .50 per current post…….what do you think Tazza? :) …………. (that IS in USD) :)
You my friend, are a butt head :)
I think it's time for me to sart deleting posts :)