Mac users

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

6brnorma

This is an amazing site. I've learned a great deal and enjoy it immensely. I couldn't figure out why I was unable to find/use tools I used on other sites. After my 'avatar' mess I discovered the software of this site simply doesn't work well with Mac.......I downloaded 'Firefox' and get a little more but still can't do much....'Chrome' was even worse. Is there any chance you will ever switch to a more Mac user friendly software?

Tazza

Staff member
New forum software has been in the works for a few years now. The owner has recently tried the new software but it is a little buggy at the moment. The look and feel is geat, it works with different web browsers, but it wasn't working with inserting images properly.
Hopefully it isn't too far away, we just need to test it and get things working before migrating to the new software.
*fingers crossed*

OP
OP
6brnorma

6brnorma

New forum software has been in the works for a few years now. The owner has recently tried the new software but it is a little buggy at the moment. The look and feel is geat, it works with different web browsers, but it wasn't working with inserting images properly.
Hopefully it isn't too far away, we just need to test it and get things working before migrating to the new software.
*fingers crossed*
Outstanding.......thanks Tazza, looking forward to it. Going to do a complete rebuild on a 610 this fall.....it'll be fun to work through it here.

Mikefromcny

Outstanding.......thanks Tazza, looking forward to it. Going to do a complete rebuild on a 610 this fall.....it'll be fun to work through it here.
Yep same here, mac user. Safari doesnt seem to like this like the html editor.

owensge

Yep same here, mac user. Safari doesnt seem to like this like the html editor.
Yep, I know... We are working on the site upgrade currently and hope to have a compatible version out soon. Did you try to click on "Preview Mode" and then click "Back to Edit Mode"? Sometimes that works...

Mikefromcny

Yep, I know... We are working on the site upgrade currently and hope to have a compatible version out soon. Did you try to click on "Preview Mode" and then click "Back to Edit Mode"? Sometimes that works...
Just tried it, it did work. Thanks for the help. I was starting to feel bad for everyone with my long winded gigantic single paragraphs. Thanks again

Fabricator

Just tried it, it did work. Thanks for the help. I was starting to feel bad for everyone with my long winded gigantic single paragraphs. Thanks again
Haven't been on for a couple months and I'm having all sorts of problems now. I'm also a Mac user, but although the site was less functional than others, it always worked for me before. Now I have to use the "preview and back" trick for every post. Also cannot use the HTML editor - which I could use before. Did something change recently (last few months) that caused a regression?

Fabricator

Haven't been on for a couple months and I'm having all sorts of problems now. I'm also a Mac user, but although the site was less functional than others, it always worked for me before. Now I have to use the "preview and back" trick for every post. Also cannot use the HTML editor - which I could use before. Did something change recently (last few months) that caused a regression?
Oh, and have tried Safari, OmniWeb, and Firefox all with about the same results.

owensge

I use google chrome and have to do the "preview and back" for every post also.
Firefox and IE are the only supported browsers until we put out a new version of the site. MAC users should be okay with Firefox.

Fabricator

Firefox and IE are the only supported browsers until we put out a new version of the site. MAC users should be okay with Firefox.
I've had the same exact issues using Firefox on the Mac as I have with either Safari or OmniWeb.

OP
OP
6brnorma

6brnorma

I've had the same exact issues using Firefox on the Mac as I have with either Safari or OmniWeb.
I'm curious whether or not the major hurdles to the software update are something we (forum members) can help with? I'm not the least 'techno' savvy but could possibly help with other aspects?

Tazza

Staff member
I'm curious whether or not the major hurdles to the software update are something we (forum members) can help with? I'm not the least 'techno' savvy but could possibly help with other aspects?
I'm not sure what we an do, the main change will be the software. A few of us got a chance to give the new software a test, it looked very nice, but there were major issues with being able to insert images.

OP
OP
6brnorma

6brnorma

I'm not sure what we an do, the main change will be the software. A few of us got a chance to give the new software a test, it looked very nice, but there were major issues with being able to insert images.
I know zero about software, how it is acquired and/or applied. I am however on a couple of other sites that I have no problem participating on the forums to their fullest. What is required to move to a similar software?

owensge

I know zero about software, how it is acquired and/or applied. I am however on a couple of other sites that I have no problem participating on the forums to their fullest. What is required to move to a similar software?
We have had a few stop/starts on the upgrade for the past few years which has been in large part due to my lack of availability. During that time, I was dealing mainly with my wife's illness trying to keep everything going, and after her recent passing a few months ago, I am reevaluating everything. My plan is to take the time I need to put things in order (including myself) and then get back to finishing the upgrade. The upgraded site will be a "21st century product viewable on all present-day browsers and will be "responsive" for Droids, Macs, Ipads and the like. In the next few months, I will have some more definitive information regarding the upgrade. I appreciate all of your support in the Forum and look forward to getting your input in the days ahead. Geoff

antfarmer2

We have had a few stop/starts on the upgrade for the past few years which has been in large part due to my lack of availability. During that time, I was dealing mainly with my wife's illness trying to keep everything going, and after her recent passing a few months ago, I am reevaluating everything. My plan is to take the time I need to put things in order (including myself) and then get back to finishing the upgrade. The upgraded site will be a "21st century product viewable on all present-day browsers and will be "responsive" for Droids, Macs, Ipads and the like. In the next few months, I will have some more definitive information regarding the upgrade. I appreciate all of your support in the Forum and look forward to getting your input in the days ahead. Geoff
Sorry for your loss my thoughts are with you

OP
OP
6brnorma

6brnorma

Sorry for your loss my thoughts are with you
Geoff……I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My wife and I lost a son years ago……not something you recover from in a short period of time (if ever), I hope you have family and friends and find the strength to continue. Anything at all I (and I'm sure all who use this site) can do to help, just let us know. Larry

jerry

Geoff……I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My wife and I lost a son years ago……not something you recover from in a short period of time (if ever), I hope you have family and friends and find the strength to continue. Anything at all I (and I'm sure all who use this site) can do to help, just let us know. Larry
I am sorry to learn of your loss Geoff, our thoughts are with you. My wife passed away 5 years ago , seems like yesterday. Try to keep busy and do it one day at a time.

OP
OP
6brnorma

6brnorma

I am sorry to learn of your loss Geoff, our thoughts are with you. My wife passed away 5 years ago , seems like yesterday. Try to keep busy and do it one day at a time.
Geoff……..hope things are going better in your life. Haven't heard anything recently on the software update……wondering where that stands.