M700 Distributor/points--service manual

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

oldm700

Hi all, My family has an M700 with Wisconsin engine. It currently will not start. I have a feeling it's the points but the distributor cap is so close to the side of the engine compartment I don't think I can remove it without moving the engine back somehow. Does anyone know how to get the points on this machine? Is there a service manual available for download in .pdf format for free or is that a dealer only thing? Thanks, oldM700

OldMachinist

I emailed you the link to the service manual.
There are several members here that have 700's with the Wisconsin engine and I'm sure one of them will let you know how to access the points. I don't recall any of them saying they had difficulty servicing the points. Several have mentioned that the advance weights in the distributor tend to get rusted in place and stop working.

stroklund

I emailed you the link to the service manual.
There are several members here that have 700's with the Wisconsin engine and I'm sure one of them will let you know how to access the points. I don't recall any of them saying they had difficulty servicing the points. Several have mentioned that the advance weights in the distributor tend to get rusted in place and stop working.
its not that hard to get at. pop off the 2 clips on the dist cap lift off the rotor and plate and there they are

Latest posts