Lx885 drive problem and ls190 interchangeability?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

otisd85

I found a Lx885 with a left side drive problem. It sounds like the drive motor is trying to spin, and the right side pushes the machine straight forward, not in circles, like the left side is free wheeling. I'm curious if this is a symptom of a bad drive motor, or something as simple as a broken chain? Also, I have a LS190, and I've found the Lx885 is the previous model of next size smaller machine, the LS180, but it looks very close to my LS190. If I can get the Lx885 cheap enough, and it's a bigger project than I anticipate, how viable would it be to keep the Lx885 around as a parts machine for my LS190? Thanks in advance, Otis.

Tazza

Staff member
It could be either of those really. If you jack that side up, you can see if you can spin the wheels or if one will move a bit then stop and the other doesn't do the same.
I can't tell you if the parts will fit your LS190, hopefully somoene else can though.

Oliver

Did you ever resolve this problem? I recently had the hydrostat motor off an Lx885 and the coupling between the motor output shaft and the input shaft to the gearbox was badly worn; almost ready to strip out.

OP
OP
O

otisd85

Did you ever resolve this problem? I recently had the hydrostat motor off an Lx885 and the coupling between the motor output shaft and the input shaft to the gearbox was badly worn; almost ready to strip out.
The machine was at a auction and i ended up not buying it, so i never solved the issue.

Latest posts