lx865 fuel shutoff solenoid mystery

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

carlp1964

I have a lx865 and can't find a replacement fuel shutoff solenoid. The one that is listed has about 4 rows of course threads and mine has about 8 rows of fine threads. Below is the tag on the pump but I haven't had any luck finding it with this info either. Please help!

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 63

mrbb

OK< My suggestion is this, look at your serial number plate, and find out exactly what yr your machine is, on the LX 865(and other models) they had a early version and a later one, and not all parts are the same, so you need to know what yr it is, from there I suggest calling Messicks, 877-260-3528 or go to there site, email them,

https://www.messicks.com/

they are a highly skilled shop with great techs and knowledgable staff willing to help you, , when needing info or parts on NH equipment

THAT< or remove old one, and look for a part number on it, there should be one
unless maybe over time someone modified things and went aftermarket and from there WHO knows, lots of china junk afermarket parts out there some like to use,

OP
OP
C

carlp1964

OK< My suggestion is this, look at your serial number plate, and find out exactly what yr your machine is, on the LX 865(and other models) they had a early version and a later one, and not all parts are the same, so you need to know what yr it is, from there I suggest calling Messicks, 877-260-3528 or go to there site, email them,

https://www.messicks.com/

they are a highly skilled shop with great techs and knowledgable staff willing to help you, , when needing info or parts on NH equipment

THAT< or remove old one, and look for a part number on it, there should be one
unless maybe over time someone modified things and went aftermarket and from there WHO knows, lots of china junk afermarket parts out there some like to use,
I called Messicks and they were not able to help me. Both of the solenoids they have listed are the wrong ones and they said maybe someone changed the motor out and they would not be able to help me. I have tried looking up the specific injector pump and had no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks, Carl

cdmccul

Have you tried contacting Lucas? [email protected]

Or look around lucasdiesel.com and find the contact form. They don't seem to have an online catalog or parts by part number, but you might find something from them directly.

mrbb

I called Messicks and they were not able to help me. Both of the solenoids they have listed are the wrong ones and they said maybe someone changed the motor out and they would not be able to help me. I have tried looking up the specific injector pump and had no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks, Carl
well that sucks, as they normally know what OEM parts are and I am also guessing, that someone swapped things out over time to a NON OEM part on you(even said was possible in first few replies)

are there NO part numbers on this solenoid you have?

can you remove it and take it to a good shop to maybe try to have them match it up with something they have??
that or can you maybe add an adapter to go from fine threads to course, so you can go back to a OEM set up?