LX665-Slow in reverse on one side

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mfyock

I have an LX665 that is slow in reverse on one side. The side works fine going forward, and will spin the tires fine, but in reverse it is sluggish and doesnt have power. It doesnt appear that there are seperate relief valves for forward and reverse, so it almost leads me to think its a pump or motor problem. Any ideas? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
It could indeed be a relief or a seal in the drive motor. Can you swap drive motors from side to side to see if the issue moves? if it does, it's the motor, if not it will be a relief. Even a bad seal can cause loss of power in one direction only.
I can't see it being an actual pump part as if you can spin the tyres, the pump part is working well, it is just between there and the motor that is the issue.

Dieselrider

Another thing to check is whether your steering linkage and the nuetralizer plate are in proper adjustment. Do you have a service manual?

OP
OP
M

mfyock

Another thing to check is whether your steering linkage and the nuetralizer plate are in proper adjustment. Do you have a service manual?
I switched the pressure relief valves and the problem went away. These must have been dirt stuck in the valve. There is a relief valve for each direction on each pump, so 4 total. it took some time, but didn't cost a dime!

Latest posts