LX665 rolling when parked

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kolo

My LX665 creeps and rolls when parked on a slight incline unless the parking brake is set. Can this be ajusted or is does it have more wrong? It will creep motor off or on.

Tazza

Staff member
Totally normal! its internal leakage in the motors, just put the brake on and don't worry about it :)

mllud

Totally normal! its internal leakage in the motors, just put the brake on and don't worry about it :)
My 865 does this. As long as it doesnt creep on a flat when running it is normal, as Tazza says. Mine will roll a little then stop. Mike

davjac

I just purchased a used Lx665 and mine rolls too even with the parking brake on. I lifted the seat and checked the brake settings and they are set to 6" as the book advises. I pulled the connection and moved the brake levers but they never get any tension. I've ordered new friction pads but I have no clue how to install them at this point. Any suggestions on installing new parking brake friction pads? I'm thinking that the side plates need to be removed and then things moved to get to them but if there is an easier way then I am all ears.

skidsteer.ca

I just purchased a used Lx665 and mine rolls too even with the parking brake on. I lifted the seat and checked the brake settings and they are set to 6" as the book advises. I pulled the connection and moved the brake levers but they never get any tension. I've ordered new friction pads but I have no clue how to install them at this point. Any suggestions on installing new parking brake friction pads? I'm thinking that the side plates need to be removed and then things moved to get to them but if there is an easier way then I am all ears.
On my 160 you just move the levers to the next spline on the shaft that goes into the side of the chain case. Holds 100% when set up. The springs in the hand brake linkage on each side should compress 1/2 to 3/4 inch (my guess) when the brake is on.Mine rolls when its engine is off, but not when running. (on moderate slopes anyway, never park it on a steep slope)
Ken

Earthwerks Unlimited

On my 160 you just move the levers to the next spline on the shaft that goes into the side of the chain case. Holds 100% when set up. The springs in the hand brake linkage on each side should compress 1/2 to 3/4 inch (my guess) when the brake is on.Mine rolls when its engine is off, but not when running. (on moderate slopes anyway, never park it on a steep slope)
Ken
Yup, normal. Just be happy you don't have the type of system I have on my Ls185.b. It's called a SAHR Brake System (Spring Applied Hydraulically Released). It uses a fast-acting spring to set the brake whenever electrical power is cut from it. The key is "power cut from it"---like when the seat switch wires were intermittently breaking and I was in 2nd speed full-out it decided to stop without notice sending me flying up against the cab door window---like bug splatter on a windshield. Second speed high is 14 MPH. So that's 14 MPH to zero in about 5 feet. (And yes I disabled the seat belt. My bad.)

Latest posts