Lx665 max speed & throttle stop bolts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Patcon

Ok. Since I have never rebuilt a Shibaura before I didn't realize there was no procedure in the factory manual to set the throttle stop bolt and the max speed (fuel?) bolt (SBA131046240 & SBA010109271). I removed them from my block when stripping it with out measuring the settings and the new block came to me bare. Does anyone have a procedure for setting these two bolts that area safety wired from the factory?

Tazza

Staff member
23 views and no ideas?
You may just need to install it and see how you go with moving it in and out.
I know Kubota has one for torque rise? it it's set wrong, it blows more slach smoke when reving up. Adjusting it will lower the amount of smoke.
Set your max speed for around 3,000 - 3,600 RPM from memory. Disesl engines aren't meant to run at really high speed.

OP
OP
P

Patcon

You may just need to install it and see how you go with moving it in and out.
I know Kubota has one for torque rise? it it's set wrong, it blows more slach smoke when reving up. Adjusting it will lower the amount of smoke.
Set your max speed for around 3,000 - 3,600 RPM from memory. Disesl engines aren't meant to run at really high speed.
Thanks, Tazza I have it started and we got all the drive pumps in and started up. Waiting on tires now. One bolt is max speed and one bolt is evidently "max fuel" I have been trying to find a recommended max rpm for the Shibaura but haven't come up with that yet. I was thinking in the low 3000's too. Maybe someone can chime in on what their machines max rpm is. The "max fuel bolt" is probably my bigger concern because I don't know the ramifications of being off one way or the other. I set them based on the thread discoloration hoping that was how they were roughly in the block, but really it's just a wild guess.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks, Tazza I have it started and we got all the drive pumps in and started up. Waiting on tires now. One bolt is max speed and one bolt is evidently "max fuel" I have been trying to find a recommended max rpm for the Shibaura but haven't come up with that yet. I was thinking in the low 3000's too. Maybe someone can chime in on what their machines max rpm is. The "max fuel bolt" is probably my bigger concern because I don't know the ramifications of being off one way or the other. I set them based on the thread discoloration hoping that was how they were roughly in the block, but really it's just a wild guess.
I don't know if having it off will cause any damage, just as long as the RPM doesn't go too high. Personally, i never run my machine flat out, always at about 3/4.
My understanding of these style of diesel engines is that they draw in a full charge of air every cycle, unlike a petrol/gas engine does. You add more fuel, you get more speed/power. Unlike a petrol engine, you add too much fuel to the air charge, it runs too ritch, too little fuel and it runs lean, gets hot and causes damage.
Hopefully someone can give you the correct details for adjusting it.

jerry

I don't know if having it off will cause any damage, just as long as the RPM doesn't go too high. Personally, i never run my machine flat out, always at about 3/4.
My understanding of these style of diesel engines is that they draw in a full charge of air every cycle, unlike a petrol/gas engine does. You add more fuel, you get more speed/power. Unlike a petrol engine, you add too much fuel to the air charge, it runs too ritch, too little fuel and it runs lean, gets hot and causes damage.
Hopefully someone can give you the correct details for adjusting it.
The book for the 665 says 3050 to 3170 high speed and 900 idle.

OP
OP
P

Patcon

The book for the 665 says 3050 to 3170 high speed and 900 idle.
I am not referring to the throttle stops on the timing cover bracket where the throttle attaches. I believe, I have those adjusted correctly. I am referring to the bolts under the injection pump that thread through the block into the timing cover area and affect the operation of the governor. The factory manuals provide no direction on setting them "they are factory set and don't require adjustment" but if you rebuild from a bare block they will have been removed. I haven't been able to find any info on setting them correctly.